Skip navigation

Fuel pump wiring.

Back to the top
I hate electrics. Grrrr

So I have a battery booster pack connected to the red / yellow feed to my fuel pump and the car starts and runs fine. Rev counter works also, therefore signal from the coil is good. 

New fuel pump relay so all good there.  

In the photo the red / yellow was connected the the red wire with yellow plug on the end. Some messy mechanic job.  I have nil power on this wire when the car is running hence no fuel pump power when wired.  Should this be on G6 pin?  I may have plugged it in the wrong place when tracing wires etc. 

Please help me get this sorted as I want to come to Stratford in a few weeks. 

image.jpg image.jpg

Back to the top

Fuel pump wiring.

Update. G6 does not work but g7 does.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Fuel pump wiring.

Scrap that g6 does allow it to run all be it with pump powered by a booster pack

Back to the top

Fuel pump wiring.

I need to know the true location of where the red/yellow power feed to the fuel pump should be on the fuse board.  And then work back from there.  

Haynes only tells me to to a terminal but no idea what’s this is on the physical wiring loom and fuse board.  

Back to the top
Hello,

when i saw the issue you were having I thought I know a vw fix for that, so i went and had a look in my boxes of stuff and I found this  see pictures.

I am located in Tennessee, but can ship it to you, the big red wire plugs in the back of the fuse board, and you will have to graft in the other wires, but it takes the load of the tracks inside the fuse board.

Regards

Jason H vw golf pic 1.png vw golf pic 2.png

Back to the top
VW did a TSB on Fuel Pumps and they re-located the Fuel Pump Relay to a Fuse Panel extender like above and had how to wire it in.  I think it was for the earlier Golfs…Just can't remember.

Found a thread talking about it for the Earlier Golfs.
Important service tip for early A1's with fuel pump relay on top of fuse panel | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thank you so much.

I have found on ebay a relay holder
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373437636045?hash=item56f29e1dcd:g:VoEAAOSwciZfkDg4&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4EF7YziRK85CamFmIkzp2Q7ebh1ox9wNXWrL%2BWG2JiurilSeobGJEfJgBzdwGy6vwRA2VkF4HrOlxr%2FEgL14pVgzM0W3KtrZQDMHRUOy8BSym3gaJjCIHzu9n3QY2KoZcewJQqNiBVs4kOOesDqeTQYOEylhPyA%2BQu4AB29BxjCSSTwykqHRYuxx%2FRqOL5CnnuXo62igd9F240snoOg28YxFmLuBsamucXCU7nb32ZSKGz8DIuGIqe0rzHX%2FbSePMBPhwOM9svaWt05L5lL11sYfSYzqFr%2FbNUC9D4hdQdr%2B%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-aBheS4Yg

I will make a new high voltage loop using a connection on section H of the fuse board direct to terminal 30 on the relay - I believe section H is Battery positive
I will take my Red/yellow wire and connect that to Terminal 87 on my relay.

I shall extend the three remaining terminals back into the existing fuse board locations.

Ideally I would take these direct to the right locations. I believe coil + & - go on these pins and probably a ground.
15 I think would be coil LV+
31b possible Coil LV -
31 would be ground.
Unfortunately I cannot tell if this is correct so here is hoping I can use the fuse board connections for these parts and they are still connected in the right locations. Lots of chopping and re-wiring done so who knows.

I shall keep you updated one the relay holder arrives.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.