Skip navigation

1978 GLS Automatic 1.5 Petrol Brakes and sump help. Cant find parts

Back to the top

Looking for new callipers to replace broken old ones and a new sump to replace damaged old sump

Helllppp!

Have a gls automatic 1978 1.5 petrol. Struggling to find the front callipers both NS and OS. also been told its had a dodgy weld on the sump so ideally needs a new(old/secondhand/non holey) sump.

The brakes are the girling callipers, but i'm struggling to find the correct ones. The cars been in a garage for 6 months then got moved to another garage and they can't seem to find anyone selling them either. They also cant find anyone selling the sump.

The garage has said it looks like the prvious garge has damaged the calliper removing it so cant restore the original callipers. Anyone got any ideas? I've emailed crazy quiffs so i'll see if they have any in stock but think the garage may already have tried.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

Back to the top
Is it the engine sump or automatic gearbox sump you are trying to find?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
It's the engine sump that's needing replacing 

Back to the top
Thanks Peter really appreciate that, managed to get a sump from crazy quiffs. Thanks a lot though. Hope you have a great day! 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.