Skip navigation

Back to the top

Back to the top
That looks horrible mate.  Feel for you

Try a HPI check.    This one is apparently free but might not be quick (link down bottom to send request)

Find Registration Number from VIN (FREE) – FreeCarCheck

Back to the top

Back to the top
If you go to the bottom of that link mate and click the "then please open a ticket here and provide the full VIN"

Link here to ticket : https://freecarcheck.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Then enter subject of "please provide registration number from
VIN"

In description provide your VIN then they will reverse look it up.  Most of these HOI checks don't offer this service from what I can see

Good luck mate 

Back to the top

Back to the top
What's the VIN mate?

Back to the top

Back to the top
Gutted for you mate! Did you find out what caused the fire?

Back to the top
I'll see what I can dig out for you mate.   It might not be until Monday thou 

Back to the top
Yeh thanks guys would be awsome if you could again thank you man 👌🏼👍🏼

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hey mate. My trade guy will look it up tomorrow.  Sorry for delay 

Back to the top
Buddy if he could that would be awsome man thank you very much 👍🏼👌🏼been pulling whats left of my hair out tbh

Back to the top
Sorry mate he hasn't got back to me yet.  TBF he's doing me a favour and I only asked him yesterday so I won't nag him too much just yet!!

Back to the top
Aye buddy no problem man thanks for doing this buddy

Back to the top
Sorry mate still not heard back.  Tried my local VW when I was booking a car in and they said without proof of ownership they can't give it to me.   I explained there wasn't a V5 so that was a little hard to do but that didn't really help sway them

I'll drop my trade guy a reminder text tonight 

Back to the top
Thank for doing all this bud very much appreciate it and 👍🏼👍🏼👌🏼

Back to the top
Hello mate.  Caught up with my trade guy today, his system only lets him look up on VRM but he tells me one of the guys there has access to VIN lookup but he not been in this week and they can't access it.

He's also asked his boss to try but not heard back.    So no promises mate but he is trying.  

I also tried emailing vehicle data company but they've not responded yet.   Only other way I can think  is to try contacting DVLA direct but not sure they really taking calls at minute and they will probably need you to jump through a few hoops and send them some money but as a last resort…

Back to the top
cannot be done reg to vin but not vice versa

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
Cheers for the replys guys and the help man well appreciated guys but am just going to take it back and get my cash back and try and get another one without the hassle
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.