Skip navigation

chassis number VIN location

Back to the top
While since we had a MK1 and the old memory is fading.   Please can someone tell me where the chassis numbers are on a Mk1 convertible…only one I can remember is in the boot on that paper sticker.   It's the 'main' one I really need to make sure about, 'cold' stamped or computer-etched onto the actual chassis?

Sorry that's very boring on a lovely sunny day.

Cheers
seanbeansmells

Back to the top

chassis number VIN location

Check the rain tray, there should be a slot cut out with the original Vin number in it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
 What age is the car in question?
 On early cars the VIN no is stamped around the drivers side strut top panel (RHD), on later cars (as said in the previous reply) it is visible through a cut out in the plastic scuttle tray which stops rain water getting into the heater motor, I'm not 100% sure just when they changed places but I'm fairly sure pre1981 models have it stamped on the strut top, hope that helps

Back to the top

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
White sticker in the boot, under the (faded) strip on the rain tray and mine has a pop riveted metal plate to the left of the radiator. 1990 Cab Gti.  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.