Skip navigation

Measurements for rear view mirror

Back to the top

Position of rear view mirror on mk 1 rivage convertible

I have recently had a replacement windscreen in my mk 1 rivage convertible. The glass that came out was a genuine screen. No measurements were taken when my screen was taken out and rear mirror was broken. Does anyone still have a genuine screen in one or know the correct measurements please as to where it is fitted from top of seal. They have found a replacement genuine mirror but obviously without the measurements being taken prior to old screen coming out I now need to find out measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated in sourcing this info. I have owned the car for 23 years so don't want it putting just anywhere. Thanks

Back to the top

Back to the top
Depending on the mirror, OEM, newer Style or what the key is to center it between the Sun visor slots.

Place your Sun visors fully down, then position your mirror between them, You can use a Sharpie to outline the bottom edge. This is so that your visors can go up or down with out hitting the mirror.

Tape the Button to the windscreen on the inside and level it to your mark.

On the outside of the car with the sharpie trace the outline of the button.

To glue it you can use a mirror adhesive kit,  2-part that is glue then activator, or what I have used for years and it lasts longer is Clear silicone RTV.  Place a Drop on the Button Press it firmly against the glass and then tape it in position for 24 or 36 hours.  Trim the excess glue from the edges after it is dry and replace the mirror.

I used the Activator on my Rabbit Diesel when the mirror fell off, and well it lasted about 3 years. So I figured that I would try Silicone…..It was still going strong after 15 years when i sold it.

Since then that is all I use.  If it will hold an Aquarium together I figure it isn't a bad thing to use.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.