Skip navigation

Injectors for a 1985 Cabriolet - Plus any engine mods or work whilst apart

Back to the top
Hi, Can any one help with the product code/no. for the injectors on a 1985 (DX) GTi cabriolet?  I had mine sent off for testing and 2 were jammed open and the other two in poor condition. I have been quoted £55-08 plus VAT each - had a quick online search and found 2 types of injector listed and either as a kit or just the injector.  It seemed cheaper to possibly buys the bits separately? I also have had the head taken off and the pistons removed.   The pistons were quite gummed up and there was slight lip wear on one bore - possibly due to something being picked up on the big end shell of cylinder #4.  The guides on the head need new runners and I was considering a piper fast road cam.  Any advice would be appreciated, as I would rather do it once and do it properly - Keep trying to make the AGM but it is a long way from Cornwall and I seem to end up having summer holiday issues so I have started early this year! Thanks

Back to the top
The injectors inn my GTI with DX engine are -  049 133 551/a

signature.jpg

Back to the top
Thank you for your help. Apparently I had 0437502045 injectors fitted.

Back to the top
84/85 was a change over year for injectors, have a look at the back of your head and if you have an air hose between cyinders 3 and 4 you have the right injectors, the ones with a top hat on as they are air shrouded injectors.

Early cars have the injectors without the top hat and no air feed between 3 and 4.

They also have a different thread, early car injectors have a course thread and a fine thread for later cars.

View topic: Are these suitable O Rings for my injectors? - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

info on different thread here.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=helllllpppp%2Funtitled_316

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
so will the engine still run with either or either
injectors ?

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
Yes if you have an early injectors car you can pull the top hat off the later injectors and fit them and if you have late air shroud injectors you can fit injectors without the top hat.

The main problem is the thread on the injectors as you need to match what's fitted to the car or you will need a new set of fuel lines and they are expensive….

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.