Skip navigation

what's your profession?

Back to the top

what's your profession?

OK time to come clean, well maybe.

Joined the Army at 16 straight from School. Left the Army some years later, biggest mistake I ever made in my life.  :banghead:

Sold cars for some years including VW/Audi. Finally had a Quattro Turbo as a demo car. Nice that.  :D

Got a job installing telephone systems, the big stuff.

Offered a job to work in Broadcasting. Just in a small way but worked my way up to Cameraman and Editor.
PC's arrived on the scene, I felt they were the way forward.

Bought one or two and forced myself to learn all I could, which wasn't a lot.
Fell in love and moved to Austria almost 18 years ago.

Finally (I know you are all waiting with baited breath) became a "Computer Systems Administrator' for a Foreign Government and it's not the Austrian one.
I think I can say it's our Cousins from over the pond. Next year I've been working there for 12 years.
I asked my Son when he was 8 (Now 15), what he wanted to be when he grew up?
Expecting him to come out with the classics, Fireman or Spaceman but no not this Boy.
He said, "what you do Daddy", to which I replied, "not while I live Son!".

One month ago he started in the best School for Computer Science in Vienna.

Oh bugger.  :wink:

He's the Guy who will take over the reigns of my MK1. Can I pay for his membership in advance?
Just kidding!

Mike.

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
WANTED!!!!

Paid member (or someone who can show a level of commitment to the club) who is good with figures and willing to help with running the club.

As you know, Yomp is standing down as Treasurer at thee end of the year and we're currently looking for his replacement. You'd become part of the committee and would be part of the team that shapes the club now and in the future.

A number of you own/ run your own business, have experience of keeping books and your assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Can you help please?? If you'd like a chat about what's involved contact either myself for general stuff or Yomp for what's exactly involved in the Treasurers job.

Read the advert here
Ta, Dan

Back to the top
hi i work for map builing & civils eng in shardlow derby as forklift truck driver dogs body. like driving forklift truck hate the dogs body bit .want a new trade would like to work in body shop etc im hands on work hard dam hard . make a dam good cuppa or coffee lol
help find new trade ?

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.