Skip navigation

Fantasy Footy 2010/11 - MK1 Premier League

Back to the top

Fantasy Footy 2010/11 - MK1 Premier League

neo283 said

Thanks for sorting the leagues Spud.  Had good fun taking part :)  Shame we can't get hold of the top 6 predictions - maybe if Kav ever returns we can disclose for comedy value?

My life is now empty without the beautiful game ALL summer :(  Wimbledon and Cricket just don't cut it!

I know - I'm glued to the sports news!!!!  Transfer news is changing every couple of hours!!  Who you lot linked with?

Back to the top
Alex Sanchez was supposed to be on the cards but he looks to be on his way elsewhere now.

Phil Jones and David De Gae are supposed to be wrapped up just waiting for 1st July window to open.  Ashley Young is all done in principle but I think Eck is having another look at that since taking the reins.  Sure there will be a few more on the cards too..

What does Wenger have to do for you this year?  He's under a lot of pressure this time round.  More young french prospects I expect?!

Back to the top

neo283 said

Alex Sanchez was supposed to be on the cards but he looks to be on his way elsewhere now.

Phil Jones and David De Gae are supposed to be wrapped up just waiting for 1st July window to open.  Ashley Young is all done in principle but I think Eck is having another look at that since taking the reins.  Sure there will be a few more on the cards too..

What does Wenger have to do for you this year?  He's under a lot of pressure this time round.  More young french prospects I expect?!

To be honest I'm in the minority.  I don't expect us to win the league.  Man United have enough to win, Chelsea have money and so do Man City.  I'm under no illusion that only one team can win each year.  For me he needs to secure Champions League later stages, secure champions league footy for the next season and win Carling cup and/or FA Cup…. something to keep us fans happy.  With player prices, clubs with money etc it's unfair to expect Wenger to win the league it's a tough slog.

With Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal all playing for 3rd or 4th I'd be over the moon finishing 3rd this season with 1-2 cups but would settle for 4th and one cup.

If you lot stay out of injury lists this season you'll be as consistent but with more edge… looks like it's set for another good season!!  Got my new shirt the other week it's the 125th anniversary one… which surprisingly looks like it cost less to make than back 125 years ago  :roll: … even the badge is a transfer yet it still cost £45  8O

Is your new strip any good?

Back to the top
Fair points.  Theres some silly transfers going on at the moment.  13 million for a MANAGER that will only last one season if he doesnt win anything?!  Worlds gone mad.

I worry about next season.  We were lucky to bring it in this time round - consistency was what won it in the end but we had some really hairy moments and ground out a load of results.  With Man City and Chelski splashing the cash, Fergies usual magic will need to stretch really far.  Can't depend on finding a Chicorito every season!

I really fancy Liverpool next season too (as much as it pains me to say it).  They had a strong second half of last season and although they were riding the crest of a wave with Kenny returning, they've made some really good signings and have a decent squad.  I fancy Suarez will do well in 11/12.

I haven't seen our kit in the flesh but from the pics it's pretty standard fare.  No transfers for the badge which is nice - didn't realise things were going that way?

Back to the top
Right lads and ladies the winnings have been dished out through paypal.  

It wouldn't have been as fun, as much banter and as entertaining as it was if you ugly lot weren't as fun to be around as you are  :wink: . I loved it so want to thank you all for joining in and keeping me entertained all season  :mrgreen: …. Thank you

Are we allowed to "tap up" people on this forum for our dream-teams?  I am thinking of talking nice to Tian to see which bargain buys are coming up in the QPR squad  :mrgreen: .  Loads of people have left from work so we don't run this there any more… probably only get two entrants if we did lol  :roll:

Just 3 weeks until Arsenal play one of their friendlies… in football three weeks is a long time…. it was in only 2 weeks we threw our whole season away lol  :roll: .

neo283 that manager is only 33 and he's managed an already very good Porto side… not sure it'll be because if him if Chelski do well… they have too good a squad not to push Man.

Anyone going to games this coming season?

Back to the top
:D  :D ta for my………………

[marq=right]£1[/marq]

yeah man  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
^ LOL nice trick!

thnaks for setting this up Spud, and Yomp for transferring the money.  Came at the right time - just bought a house so we're proper skintos! Saying that, the HTH winnings are about to be donated back to the club fund :)

Until next season!

Back to the top

neo283 said

^ LOL nice trick!

thnaks for setting this up Spud, and Yomp for transferring the money.  Came at the right time - just bought a house so we're proper skintos! Saying that, the HTH winnings are about to be donated back to the club fund :)

Until next season!

That's brilliant mate very generous!!!  I done the lottery last night for the first time in about a year,,, still didn't win lol.  If you want good luck NEVER follow what I do  :roll:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.