Skip navigation

Drugs are bad.

Back to the top

Drugs are bad.

Laura said

drugs.

i dont think you can have any opinion on anything really untill youve been there and done it
this seems to be the problem with this thread.people are making all sorts of assumptions to aid their pro/anti argument. every one seems to be talking, but no ones listening. i've done more gear than you've probably had hot dinners, but feel i shouldn't have to state that in order for my opinion to be a valid one.

Back to the top
at what point did i say i get high and drive? like i said i do it behind closed doors.

and wet behind the ears??? i've seen things that most people my age wouldn't dream of……. people having brain cessures from taking shrooms, people having bad trips on pills, getting para on coke and splitting there brothers head open with a cosh, smack heads kids saying its ok daddys just taking his medicine.

i would say thats possitively dry behind the ears. i know the effects harder drugs have on people but i have never seen anyone do any of the above while high on weed, more like i've seen people laugh for hours on end at absolutely nothing, have the most intense and philosophical debates, sit and eat obscene amounts of food…….

those heathen bastards ey?

oh yeah i do know what you do your a police officer like you and other people have mentioned and i don't see a denial about being in the met??

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

Drug driving is as big a problem as drink drive, so dont anyone kid themselves its "safe" bacause your judgment will be very impared and cannabis remains in your blood stream for upto 3 months

so theres the bottom line, be clever and risk everyones lives because of selfish past times

In that case how come police officers are quite happy for a member of public with a lit spliff to drive off 10 minutes after handing it over?  And admiting they are stoned?

Also I pasted my test while stoned and belive / know I could do it any day of the week…  Where as I would never drink drive and would most surtainly fail a driving test crash or injure somone..

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

i don't see a denial about being in the met??
Whats this got to do with the price of butter????

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

rustys_mk1 said

i don't see a denial about being in the met??
Whats this got to do with the price of butter????

50% rise in price.

close to the rise in drug related crimes :wink:

Back to the top

wooders said

Laura said

drugs.

i dont think you can have any opinion on anything really untill youve been there and done it
this seems to be the problem with this thread.people are making all sorts of assumptions to aid their pro/anti argument. every one seems to be talking, but no ones listening. i've done more gear than you've probably had hot dinners, but feel i shouldn't have to state that in order for my opinion to be a valid one.

I think you are right; however you can sometimes have a better understanding of the discussion from both sides if you have taken part in the activity (expecting a reply where  isn?t needed now :roll: ). Regardless of what people say in this topic you can clearly see the takers and non takers. but that?s not a bad thing, at least with an opinion you can't be wrong. :D   

But this discussion/thread has very little middle ground, the polarised views are a little surprising in the modern age.  I wonder if we were more liberal in the 60?s-70?s  which is probably when the public face of ?drug culture? peaked in the last century, and whether by missing that peak ( i.e. being born in the late 60?s-70?s or later) we turned back to a time of polarized views due to our lack of understanding or experience, we seem to turn to the pro or anti, fear or understanding, kind of like the culture of with us or against us.  

But then the world has changed, hasn't it? :roll:   So the TV desperately wants to inform me at every opportunity,  now that really winds me up!

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

and wet behind the ears??? i've seen things that most people my age wouldn't dream of……. people having brain cessures from taking shrooms, people having bad trips on pills, getting para on coke and splitting there brothers head open with a cosh, smack heads kids saying its ok daddys just taking his medicine.

i would say thats possitively dry behind the ears. i know the effects harder drugs have on people but i have never seen anyone do any of the above while high on weed, more like i've seen people laugh for hours on end at absolutely nothing, have the most intense and philosophical debates, sit and eat obscene amounts of food…….

those heathen bastards ey?

oh yeah i do know what you do your a police officer like you and other people have mentioned and i don't see a denial about being in the met??

You speak almost like the things you do and have seen are good things?

you have turned this into a personal attack on me it would seem because of my occupation, I have views and opinions too, regardless of my "job"  if you dont like them tuff, your assuming you think you know what I should think or believe because of this?

the reason im a copper is because i wanted to be, because im a decent law abiding person, because i have the bottle to do it, because i dont CARE what some little cheeser thinks of me or if they "hate the police"

my job has nothing to do with YOU or any of these opinions, grow up and use something more original, ya weapon

You love drugs for your own reasons, i dont because i see what they can do to people, one day you may? have wisdom

I dont need to "deny" anything to you or anyone else, your just on a "fishing" expedition and doing what sad people do in the hope you will wind some one up, keyboard warrior style, believe what you like do what you like, but just dont walk up to me at any shows :D

besides if you knew what you were talking about, it may be given some credence, but as you only use 2 cylable words its a difficult one to judge

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

You love drugs for your own reasons, i dont because i see what they can do to people, one day you may? have wisdom

I agree 100%. ive been on both sides of the drug argument, I used to regularly do things I am no longer proud of, I gave it up when I moved in with my partner and kids as I was finaly bothered what someone else thought of my actions.
I was totaly in denial about the grip these things get on people and I struggled giving up but never once looked back

Since then I have worked helping people who have had their lives ruined by drug taking and I now see just how lucky I was.

Im sure TOTR will agree once you have seen the consiquences of what drugs do it really puts you off!

The thing is I know all the warnings people put on here fall on deaf ears but there is no point in having a go at people because they are in the police etc as they are the kind of people who will pick you up when you need it, because eventually you probably will.

Back to the top
i agree tbh, they can cause all sorts of problems,

but then i feel alchol is the same, its just socially accepted, i was my neighbour live for his next drink, id hear him shouting at his wife all through the night, id see him drag his sorry ass to the offlicence to get another bottle, then he finally drank himself to death, lying in a pool of his own vomit and poo, unable to move.

why is it legal to do that but not smoke a joint?? (i dont smoke weed, never have)

:dontknow:

Back to the top

Laura said

why is it legal to do that but not smoke a joint?? (i dont smoke weed, never have)

:dontknow:

I agree however alcohol will never be outlawed tho because its a massive multi billion pound industry in the uk, think of all the people employed selling alcohol in bars/shops etc the extra security/police the glasses needed the cleaners employd etc the list goes on and on!

Unfortunatly no matter how bad it is the government only sees the ???

Back to the top

jonnymk1 said

I used to regularly do things I am no longer proud of, I gave it up when I moved in with my partner and kids as I was finaly bothered what someone else thought of my actions.
as i asked in the early pages, how many of the 'pro' drugs dudes and dudetts have full time employment and a wife/husband and children to look after?

Back to the top
4 million

Back to the top
is that million or miwwleeons?

Back to the top
read it again an you tell me.

what does it matter who takes drugs or not their choice there life, their mind their ruining.

Back to the top

alexHxC said

what does it matter who takes drugs or not their choice there life, their mind their ruining.
i thought the same until i had children

Back to the top
what do you think now then that drug takers are the devil??

Back to the top
no. now i care about people other than myself.

Back to the top
so in what way does that affect the view

Back to the top
have you children of your own? if so, are you quite happy to turn a blind eye and let them get on with it as far as drugs are concerned? their choice their life their mind they're ruining?

Back to the top

wooders said

alexHxC said

i thought the same until i had children

I have 3 step kids to look after and its a big wake up call.
I dont care what other people do, like i said I know nobody will take a blind bit of notice about any advice people give on here because I know years ago I wouldnt have.

Im not trying to change anyones mind on the subject or 'preach' i just think a debate saying drugs are ok in any way, or do what drugs you want etc on a family forum is a bit out of order and iresponsible.
There are too many online users to list.