Skip navigation

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Back to the top

Check this out it's flying on ebay

excellent,  you cant go wrong with that golf  best of luck mate.

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
I have defo followed one down the a52 up to the pentagon (in traffic) so that may have been you? If you ever scratch it please do call me as i would find a great pleasure in repairing a lambo as i have not done one yet.( getting bored of Astons Bentleys Porkers etc)

Rob

1988 convertible  sapphireblau
ChipsAway -- Car Scratch Repair - Smart Repairs
chipsawaybelper@aol.com

Back to the top
thanks mate, appreciate it

Back to the top
as L4mbo says, he is happy with his bidding etc etc (must be very rich is all I can say  :wink: ), but I'm puzzled by…

stew72 said

orangecurry said

The car, according to the sellers own description/words, does NOT have a Full Service History, and yet he has listed it as such. FSH is a well recognised term - he even says a 'very full service history', which shows again his command of the english language is limited. This term in anyones mind means there are no gaps in the service history - but there ARE - end of story.

Wrong.

Can you prove the car has had servicing in addition to what has been stated? No.  I agree it appears that its possible that some servicing may have been neglected or not documented, but its likely that all servicing has actually been documented, so by definition is a full service history.

eh? don't understand; he states FSH and then he says

'SERVICE HISTORY
The service book and other related documentation shows the following information;'

and there are 2 gaps of years and years and 10s of ks of miles - in the mind of the common man, FSH means a Service History with no gaps, and he states 'the service book and other related documentation' so ???????????

I don't understand you saying

'its likely that all servicing has actually been documented, so by definition is a full service history'

because he says (by implication) that he does not have the documentation for the missing years….

sorry to sound pedantic…

Back to the top

orangecurry said

sorry to sound pedantic…

yup, you do.  :wink:

Back to the top
(name that quote)

Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this discussion, but I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence.

Back to the top

orangecurry said

(name that quote)

Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this discussion, but I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence.

8O

:dontknow:

by the way I'll bring what I damn well like to whatever discussion I wish. I don't ask you to like it and you haven't got to read it.

Back to the top
not a Red Dwarf fan then?

Back to the top
not massively, no.

Back to the top
now then ladies,

its not your car or mine and l4mbo is happy it sounds like he knows what hes doin, to me.

however beware of 'traders' on ebay innit.

i bought a tamagotchi for my daughter and got a tamaguzhi,

and my money back for misrepresentation, mind u it was only ?6

not4.5k!!!!!!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Yep, easy now - we're all entitled to opinions! Plus I have to say I think I understand what stew72 is getting at and agree.

I've been messed about by people buying cars off me on ebay and when I've been 100% honest/accurate with description. If you bid you bid to buy - and l4mbo has already confirmed his honourable intensions!

I do think however the seller has maybe stretched the truth a little but not out and out mis-sold the car.

At end of day, if you want to spend that amount of money without viewing the car then fair play but equally you have to take a fair proportion of the risk :wink:
Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

At end of day, if you want to spend that amount of money without viewing the car then fair play but equally you have to take a fair proportion of the risk :wink:
Cheers
Andy

Too true

Back to the top
The way i see it, If you choose to bid without viewing its your own fault if it turns out not to be what you thought it was! Although what he says may not be 100% accurate theres plenty of photos to show the faults (like you've all been spotting!) It doesn't matter what the description says the sellers not forcing anyone to buy it. It's up to the buyer to make up his/her own mind as to wether to part with the cash. If you bid you buy! L4mbo seems more than happy with the price he's about to pay! good luck to him i say. Wish i had 4.5k to spend on a car to leave in the garage most of the time!

1983 MK1 Golf GTi

Back to the top
Haha it all makes sence now - l4mbo as in lamborghini, am i the first person to notice? please don't tell me i'm the last!!

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
quicker than me matey :dontknow:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

penny said

Haha it all makes sence now - l4mbo as in lamborghini, am i the first person to notice? please don't tell me i'm the last!!

next you'll be telling me that you have discovered that 'vw' stands for volkswagen!

and that mk1 stands for mark one?!   :wink:

Andrew

Back to the top
Haha well now i know without having to ask the potentially embarrassing question!! I've always wondered what IMO means though!!

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top

penny said

I've always wondered what IMO means though!!

in my opinion    :|

Back to the top
Whoops, finally got there in the end.  Theres a lot of reading in this thread. It's getting a bit late in the night now though to be reading about trading standards :banghead:
Hope you enjoy the car L4mbo. Look forward to seeing it in real life one day.
 :wink:

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
good luck picking it up tomorrow

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.