Skip navigation

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Back to the top

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Personally I wouldnt have bidded that much without seeing it first - for example there is a black campaign on edition38 for ?3500 that says no rust all over the post but I'll tell you that it has - a v nice amount of surface rust around the rear seatbelt mount on the drivers side inner quarter - doesnt say nowt about that in the post and there may be loads of nice piccies but none of that - surprise surprise !!!!

Guy selling it is probably someone's mate on here therefore no offence….just stating the fact.

Back to the top
It doesn't matter if he is aware some stickers are missing or not. Fact is he clearly said they were all present and they are not. That is misrepresentation. I am not saying he wasn't selling the car in good faith.

I don't think a court of law would favour the seller if the buyer walked - that's all.

Banner

Back to the top
good luck l4mbo - hope the trip is worthwhile. :D

Yes a bid on Ebay is part of the contract - the other part is the description - if the description is in any way false, the contract is null and void.

The car, according to the sellers own description/words, does NOT have a Full Service History, and yet he has listed it as such. FSH is a well recognised term - he even says a 'very full service history', which shows again his command of the english language is limited. This term in anyones mind means there are no gaps in the service history - but there ARE - end of story.

Therefore as a buyer, you can simply walk away if you don't like the look of the car. You are in a strong position. Don't be pressurised into buying if you don't want to. He certainly won't want to go to small claims as he is a dealer who appears to be selling cars as an individual as well for cash and the Inland Revenue would be very amused to have a look at his paperwork, I guarantee.

Back to the top

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
nice link  :D

of course he may claim he's selling this car as an individual, but it makes no difference; his wicket is sticky.

Back to the top
hes listing other cars tho, tis obvious hes a trader, if not then as said b4 the revenue would be v interested

out for a duck me thinks. lbw

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
didn't someone else point out that he uses the same add on all his cars?  all the guy does is sells cars, sounds like a trader to me, he also says he has more than one id and to check that one for feed back to, if this guy isn't a trader i'll eat my hat.
his opening line says "Being sold with NO RESERVE you have the opportunity to bid on a Genuine and totally original ?Mars Red? December 1983 Mk1 VW GOLF GTI ?Campaign?
"totally original" its not
a respray is not original.
he also goes on to say
"I am very aware that some sellers ?neglect? to mention areas of concern with cars, however you will see from my feedback history that I do my best to ensure that people are fully aware of what they are bidding on" :lmao:
and he also say
"Please take your time to examine my feedback history from which you will see that I mean what I say and that all my previous customers were happy with their purchases (this is my own private ebay account, however for 85+ feedback comments relating to cars up to ?20,000 please access my main business ebay account under the name of ?mrdjames? from which you will see that I am very familiar with the details that go towards making an exception car)."
anyone now doubt he's a trader?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
oh one more fault, the rear tailgate decal appears to be black paint as there are no joins where it should over lap.
can't belive i missed that one! lol

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
I didn't mention it earlier as i'm not 100% sure but i remember reading somewhere that with regards to an auction, the bidder must be "bonefide", if thats how you spell it, my latin isn't great, and therefore i think that if the buyer turns round says i was just bidding for a laugh for instance, the offer he made for the final bid will be null and void thus falling to the second highest bidder. As i said i'm not 100% sure thats the case though.

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
yes! i can help you there pennt!

my roman law exam is on thursday so my latin is good at the moment!

it is correctly spelt bona fide, meaning good faith.  :D

i'm well happy with myself!

A.J.

Back to the top

dubboy said

It doesn't matter if he is aware some stickers are missing or not. Fact is he clearly said they were all present and they are not. That is misrepresentation. I am not saying he wasn't selling the car in good faith.

I don't think a court of law would favour the seller if the buyer walked - that's all.

I doubt it. They would most probably view that claim as pedantic considering its a 23 year old car.

orangecurry said

The car, according to the sellers own description/words, does NOT have a Full Service History, and yet he has listed it as such. FSH is a well recognised term - he even says a 'very full service history', which shows again his command of the english language is limited. This term in anyones mind means there are no gaps in the service history - but there ARE - end of story.

Wrong.

Can you prove the car has had servicing in addition to what has been stated? No.  I agree it appears that its possible that some servicing may have been neglected or not documented, but its likely that all servicing has actually been documented, so by definition is a full service history.

cabriaulait said

But you will need to prove this sale is trade for trading standards to be interested. As its not stated he is trade then its not that easy.

I'm not wanting to be pedantic (well only a little  :wink: ) but I want to show that issues like this are never straight forward.

If you're a buyer then you should stick to the rules, regardless of whether you believe that the seller is abiding by these guidelines or not and regardless of what the ebay rules are for the seller. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you are happy with the item before hitting the confirm bid button.

If you believe the buyer is genuine and selling in good faith then bid, if you think the item could be misrepresented in any way then don't bid. Simple.

:y:

Back to the top
Haha looks like we helped each other out there AJ! good luck on your exam!

Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top

Bang on.

Under UK law, a  buyer has no legal commitment to actually complete any purchase he has bought in an auction (real-life or online)

Several cases have been brought by ebay sellers but failed to hold water.

EBay's rules and regulations don't hold up in a court of law. However the claiment can file for costs incurred.

I've had a few people turn up and not buy for whatever reason - Bit of a pain but normally they have justifiable reason.

I dont expect people to view if they are 300 miles away, which is normally the case.

Last bloke got the train from London to North Devon, bought my camper and then drove it to Liverpool that afternoon.  8O

Back to the top
This has caused a stir!

To be frank, i think the car looks ace, im not too bothered about the faults and most i can easily rectify. He clearly described the service intervalls and i was fully aware of them before bidding so that doesnt bother me. Nothing that has been pointed out has put me off the car, he has also confirmed hes a dealer. I am use to losing 10's of thousands on cars each year and have owned over 100 and this car will be one of the first that i dont think i will lose much on if anything. If this car was bang on i would have paid up to 8k for it but it isnt so i paid 4.5k.

Back to the top
Yes it does look very lush, also with all the attention you'll have the most famous car in the club!! You'll have to come to Gaydon so we can all have a butchers!

Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
l4mbo

now come on lets be having it,

what you got in the garage then… :lol:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
L4mbo you will hav eto come to the next Derby meet see regions for info.

Give me a shout if you need owt im only in Belper!!!!

Rob

1988 convertible  sapphireblau
ChipsAway -- Car Scratch Repair - Smart Repairs
chipsawaybelper@aol.com

Back to the top
cabriaulait, my favourite car is my gallardo in black which rob may have seen around cause i think there is only 2 of us around derby and i do use it a lot, saying this i think i am just as excited about picking up my golf and may use this for a while (even with its faults!  :wink: )

Ive just joined as a member, will i get notified of any events round this way then?

Back to the top
yeah nice but my cab would leave it standing

just like it did the starship enterprise last wk and that does 2 billion miles a second…

very nice motor, i would love a dino used to love them when i was younger and it stuck, mr bank manager said 'computer says no'

but what else lurks within the garage i wonder….

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
now that would be telling!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.