Skip navigation

A mk1 meet for cancer research and a very good friend

Back to the top

A mk1 meet for cancer research and a very good friend

Sure you'll catch up as i plod in my 1.5 :lol:
See you then bud
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Not long back, absolutley soaking today but kept our spirits up and had a good day.
Off to pick up kids now as came back to change clothes, was nice to put more faces to cars.
We will do again in july when weather a little more dry.
Even got donation off a police officer, so cant be bad :lol:
Will post pics when i come back.
Thank you for all that attended, thou weather were bad, i enjoyed our time there and can not wait to do it again
Pete

Back to the top

i'll post one for now and upload more later when i get them resized.
horrible weather but think we did all right for cash even if it was horrible weather.
we'll done to all who came and big thankyou to pete for organising a meet on short notice and keeping spirts up on a less perfect day.

oh and well done for getting money out of a plod :wink:

was good to meet a few new faces and get a few new people interested in the club.

think that pete may have to become the northwest region charity event organiser.

Back to the top
Nice one to all who turned up, pity bout weather, but still seemed plenty of ppl moochin round Blackpool to pillage of change, too many tight arses there though pretending they had no change on them when they were either on way in or out of a pub neverthless we still managed to get plenty, i think every1 should give themselves pat on back, especially pedders for organising!!

Back to the top
http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTable

jus in case any1 wanted a look! :D  :D  :dance:  :notworthy:  8)

Back to the top
No one does footy here carl :roll:
To all your hard work is very much appreciated especially in the weather we had.
I will contact CRUK monday morning and ask them to collect buckets and for them to do the count, so seals still intact and an official can give us the result.
We have discussed doing this again sometime in july hopefully better weather.
I will plan a day etc and give details or would it be better to let you guys/gals decide what day etc would suit us all.
Did not have much time to take many pics, but here are few i did take plus a little vid of a5opy's rear  :lol:

Back to the top
after that i was thinking of entering rear of the year (so to speak) :lol:  :lol:
great day shame about the rain hope we have made a bit of cash, cheers to Pete for getting this up and running :clap:  :clap:

will be interesting if the two guys we met will become members?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Well done to all that attended, Well done Pete and Sharon.

Glad it all came together, ashame about the weather.

A Summer trip sound great, Now we know the paperwork process  :dontknow:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Shame it wasent today i ended up staying in blackpool and going out,and today was really hot and where the cars were was quite busy :( ,but still was a good day out (even tho we all got soaked lol)

Back to the top

Blackpool Convoy

Thanks Pedder for organising this I enjoyed the day out lots. It was great meeting you all, and good fun driving in my first convoy. I am not really a speed freak, I just broke formation a few times so we could all have the pleasure of a golf passing, and that sense of belonging or togetherness that being a MK1 owner brings. Thanks for the pictures my car looks better in the rain. I want to say a special thank you to jenvey 16v for spotting my breakdown and coming over to back me up while I changed wheels. Cheers and thank you. PM me Pedder as per our conversation and I will send the money. Hello to everyone I met, see you all again next time. It would have been nice to drive back together, but the traffic seemed to split us up. Dave M and me were witness to a mild accident. For those who missed it think "Its Raining Golfs" :)

Solid Gold Easy Action

Back to the top

Re: Blackpool Convoy

Goldie said

Thanks Pedder for organising this I enjoyed the day out lots. It was great meeting you all, and good fun driving in my first convoy. I am not really a speed freak, I just broke formation a few times so we could all have the pleasure of a golf passing, and that sense of belonging or togetherness that being a MK1 owner brings. Thanks for the pictures my car looks better in the rain. I want to say a special thank you to jenvey 16v for spotting my breakdown and coming over to back me up while I changed wheels. Cheers and thank you. PM me Pedder as per our conversation and I will send the money. Hello to everyone I met, see you all again next time. It would have been nice to drive back together, but the traffic seemed to split us up. Dave M and me were witness to a mild accident. For those who missed it think "Its Raining Golfs" :)
Thanks goldie, will pm you bud, you broke formation we know, we  were all traveling along 50-60mph, 10 minutes on this gold mk1 flies pass :lol: so everyone started, was good thou, shame nobody was able to film it.
It was a good moment and day was good regardless of weather, just trying to sort another better outing for us all.
A5opy you should feel guilty you horrible man leaving me stranded on m60 boxing day :lol:

Also if anyone knows of an h reg cabby in blue, clear lenses rear, get him to sign up.
When we were on motorway, goldie and jenvey16v went pass us, just after hey did my airbrake decided to deploy (Boot opened) :lol:
Pulled over and predator joined me to make sure i was ok, as we carried on traffic was bad, then this h reg goes past, i catch him up and ask him if he is on forum, he isn't, i mentioned we were going to the car park at footy ground, he said follow me, i live in blackpool, he took us through short routes and then went on after we arrived.
Sorry bud did not get chance to give u site address, but if anyone spots him, tell him pedders and predator were really grateful and get joining up.

Back to the top
I dont have any vids but my mate took his camera and he took a few pics as while we were all on the motorway,will find out later and post any good ones

Back to the top
there goes goldie!!!!! lol

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Cracking pics :wink:

Back to the top
hi pete, sorry i missed this. my mk1 was off the road, tho ?250, a new petrol tank and a cleaned out fuel system later, we're rolling again. :)

i moved house recently too, and only just got my internet hooked back up!

wish i coulda been there to make up the numbers, still looked cool tho…

ash

Back to the top
No worries ash, you can come on next one which will be end of july fella.
Glad ur car is back on road bud

Back to the top
Gutted, can't believe I missed this.. :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.