Skip navigation

residual brake valves x2

Back to the top
need the two valves on the brake lines going to the rear of the car and also a brake regulator

message me with what you have please

Back to the top
Can't help with originals, but I used these (when I couldn't find the ones I took off!) - https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/brake-residual-pressure-valve-10psi-for-drum-brakes-676/

I've read a few posts that suggest you can replace the valves and the regulator with the inline regulators from later golfs. That may be an option.

Is your regulator faulty? I read a post on the Facebook group last night suggesting they are pretty easy to service.

J

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top

paceman said

Can't help with originals, but I used these (when I couldn't find the ones I took off!) - https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/brake-residual-pressure-valve-10psi-for-drum-brakes-676/

I've read a few posts that suggest you can replace the valves and the regulator with the inline regulators from later golfs. That may be an option.

Is your regulator faulty? I read a post on the Facebook group last night suggesting they are pretty easy to service.

J

hey, thanks for the reply, i binned mine years ago when i fitted aa bias pedal box

ive seen those residual valves i think il go for them if i can't find original

id rather get it all how it left the factory than fit the cabby pressure reducers tbh

Back to the top
are the bias valves not attached to the bottom of
the master cylinder ?

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top

nicci21paul said

are the bias valves not attached to the bottom of
the master cylinder ?

only on cabbies mate, tiptop gris have residual brake valves on the brake lines going to the rear keep some pressure in the lines to reduce pedal travel

Back to the top
so why not use a cabbie master cylinder or
is that not viable

Back to the top
The thingys on the bottom of a cabbie master cylinder and the residual valves in the tintop brake lines are 2 completely different things mate... ( as i understand it, never having owned a cabbie )

Back to the top
so do they no do the the same job stopping the
back end taking the place of front end under
heavy braking ?

Back to the top
The cabriolet things do the same job as the compensator which sits near the fuel tank on the tintop..

Back to the top
made sense to just buy the ones paceman suggested so I've sorted myself out now

if anyone has a brake compensator valve for sale please let me know
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.