Skip navigation

Series 1 1980 Golf Driver - 3 door Mandarin Orange - SOLD

Back to the top

Completed restoration May 2015. 2 previous owners.

Model: Series 1

Spec/Trim option: Driver (standard gti trim)

Year of manufacture:1980
Mileage:94000
Price:6995
Contact details: leemasters64@gmail.com
07799 846 236

Condition: Excellent
Service history: No
Mot expiry Date: may 2016
Taxed or sorn: taxed

Description:

I've been enjoying driving the car for summer and its time to sell. I'd love to have another season to enjoy this car as it really has potential, but its losing its place in the garage.

This Mk1 is the last of the small rear light and small dash models. The Driver is a 1300cc with all the GTI interior. It has the same steering wheel, gauges and seats. This still has the original 1300cc engine with a brand new weber carb which sounds great. The seats are the original houndstooth cloth. They are a little faded but that adds to the character. There's a repair on the driver bolster.

The car drives and handles fantastically. I've recently done two 100 round trips to local shows. We've picked up a few trophies too. The clutch has developed a slight dislike for 2nd gear (its fine to drive, but when it's warm it shudders a bit on entry) I figured the next owner may want an engine or gearbox upgrade.

Over four years we have completely stripped the car, replaced the rear arches, fixed the rear wheel housing, repaired the inner wings and both sills all to an excellent standard. The work was carried out by my good friend and part owner of the car. He's been working in bodywork for 20 years.
The car is in excellent condition in all areas, doors and wings were in great condition. There's a lot of photo's of the build to show the work carried out. The colour is Mandarin Orange which is the original colour of the car. The car was resprayed at a professional body shop to a high standard.

We've added early chrome bumpers, coilovers and diamond cut original Porsche cookie cutters (6 inch front and 7 inch rear). This will go lower and I have the original steel wheels along with a few parts if you want them.

I'm available for viewings and test drives so give me a call or email for more pictures.

Last edit: by Lee Masters

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.