Good condition Mk1 GTI with sunroof in black

1983 Golf GTI 1.8cc – 3 dr tintop with sunroof

Mileage: "170k"
Price: £5,000 ovno
Contact details: 07718735030 rob – viewing evenings/weekends
Condition: Very Original / good
Mot expiry: 1 year (exp june 2015)
Taxed till october

Reluctantly for sale is my very original 1983 Golf Gti mk1 tintop with sunroof.

Very original throughout she’s an honest example of the car that changed the game. The engine is strong, runs perfectly and the handling is exactly how it should be thanks to new top mounts and an overhaul of the front suspension that is less than a year old.

I’ve owned her for the past couple of years and have kept it garaged, but having recently moved house the new garage just isn’t big enough to take her so she needs to find a new home. I spent a LONG time looking for the right car and saw quite a few before I settled on this one.

I’ve a ton of receipts going back over previous owners including old MOTs etc. In fact I added up the receipts and the bill came to £10,227 and that doesn't inc a bill of sale from 1986 also have service books and 99% of its mots since its 1st!!!  While I’ve owned her I’ve put in new alternator, new battery, new green tint windscreen with top shading, new top mounts, new shock absorbers, tuned the engine etc. The filler neck has been replaced in the past, along with the exhaust and fuel lines/fuel tank and everything else looks as it should be.

It has factory tin sunroof, green glass, working MFA etc. Also this car is not rusty having been under sealed from the factory, and it's never been welded! Right now for the other bits, although this car is very straight it could do with a bit of tidying here and there, it's not concours but just used, could do with some stone chips repairing and a bit of touching up (small bubble on drivers wing). The passenger door looks like it has had a bad paint job so I've sourced a replacement door that will come with the car, headlining could do with attention (again I have replacement but not got round to doing it). The interior is very good and original.

She is not showroom/concours but a good example of a very original, unmolested GTI.

Last edit: by Bobb

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.