Mileage:
Price: £2800 ono
Contact details:
Condition:
Service history:
Mot expiry Date:8/8/2016
Taxed or sorn:sorn

Description:1983 mk1 1.3 driver
I bought this little beauty about 3 months ago haveing been off the road and in dry storage for about the last 8 years , haveing always wanted a mk1 was a bit of an impulse buy much to the joy of my wife lol, I've since spent most of my spare time and a Hugh heap of cash on it bringing her back to life but being realistic I'm not going to get time to use it so time to go much to the wife's pleasure !!
  The car has been local to Newcastle-under-lyme all it's life haveing been sold new buy a now long gone vw dealer called autobon ltd who were based in the centre of Newcastle who serviced the car from new right up until 1995 as far as the service book goes I'm not sure when they shut ,  changed hands a few time locally in that time and ended up being owned buy one of the mechanics who worked there who I Bought the car from who had owned it since 2003 so a genuine local car with great history !!
  Haveing being owned all it's life buy enthusiasts the car has remained in brilliant original condition but when I bough the car was just staring to fade so I've since spent a small fortune and much love bringing her back to her former glory , I'll list most of what I can remember but I'm sure there's far more !!
Front pads and discs
Rebuilt o/s/f caliper
2x rear cylinders
4x brake hoses and clips
Approx 5 brake pipes
All the exhaust rubbers
Wheels fully refurbed
4 new tyres
Head gasket set and new stem seals
Timing belt kit
Water pump
Antifreeze
Plugs rotor arm
Boot strut
Rear valance
Osr wheel arch
Oil and filter
Has had another wiper motor fitted
I'm sure there's more lol
Interior is all mint and original apart from the expected wear to the drivers seat see pic
I've had some paint work done to freshen it up in places the , the car is now visually and structurally mint rot free and solid , it's never had any accident damage and has only need a few plates hear and there but noting at all really original inner and outer sills etc etc
She's a very nice original and un molested mk1 driver in the must have colour in my opinion mars red needing a new loving home
The car will come with approx 11-12 months mot

Now the bad bits

*The dash clock unit does not work I've checked every thing I can and has a live feed so will need replacing I think does work every now and then but very occasionally
*The indicators flash quicker than they should as if a bulbs out but are all working so suspect faulty rely although hazard switch flash at the correct speed
*Doesn't run very well starts and drives but needs a good setting up car , timing etc runs a bit rich and is very reluctant / misses a bit when driven
So for its reason will need towing or trailering if close though I have a trailer so can drop off for free
*Some rust corrosion on the sunroof panel
*Small dent in n/s/r quarter I'm sure one of those dent removal guys could sort out no problem
I will get look into the above as and when I get time / chance
Nothing a good weekend wouldn't fix and see right
This car is really stunning and the pics really don't do it justice it's that nice it really does need to be seen to be appreciated I'm 4 mins from junction 16 of the m6 so easy to get to any questions please ask and I'll do my best to help
Don't expect to get back what I've spent but think £2800 Ono try me all I can say is no
will get some pics up when I've worked out how ha ha haAfter co ordinating (not identical) 18-24month coats

Last edit: by Tarmac Adam

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.