1981 1.3 Golf GLS in Beige!

Back to the top
Model: 1.3 Mk1 Golf GLS

Spec/Trim option: GLS

Year of manufacture: 1981
Mileage: 87600
Price: £1500 (My costs)
Contact details: 0117 962 6204
Condition: Interior great, paint work not so good.
Service history: Large amount of receipts and a lot of notes on maintenance over the years.
Mot expiry Date: October 2014
Taxed or sorn: Taxed until October 2014

Description:
Hi guys,

I'm looking to sell my Mk1 Golf which I bought last summer as a project, having sat for a few years. I spent a few months steadily improving it to get it back on the road. To get it running I carried out the following:

Full service (Engine oil, oil filter, air filter, distributor cap, condenser, gearbox oil, spark plugs)
New fuel lines in engine bay
Second hand mechanical fuel pump (and I won another brand new one on eBay so that comes in the boot!)
Carburettor rebuild and clean

After having the engine running, i then carried out the following:

New rear brake cylinders (the old ones weren't leaking, just for peace of mind)
New rear brake shoes
New front brake disks
New front brake calipers
A bit of welding at the rear of the driver side sill was carried out at the MOT and this was all that needed doing.
New rear seat belts
Professionally refurbished wheels in original VW silver.
5 brand new tyres.

After driving the car around for a bit it was clear that a new clutch was needed so this was fitted. The clutch could be further improved by adding the strengthening plate on the bulkhead which comes in the boot as well. I also fitted a powerspark electronic ignition kit which improved the running of the engine.

The bad points are:

The paintwork. There are a couple of small dents and a fair amount of surface rust, as well as many patches of primer where the previous owner decided to rub back to metal and prime but never got around to painting. There is no structural rust.
Passenger front window occasionally falls into the door.
Passenger side parcel shelf support is cracked and falling apart.

Good points:
Mechanically sound
All electrics work perfectly (apart from the radio)
Interior is almost immaculate (seat covers were fitted from new and only removed when i bought the car)
All original chrome hub caps in good condition (and a full set of spares!)

Any questions please do ask.

I'm selling the car as i didn't have time to work on the car for most of the past year as i was away at uni, and have now started a placement year and am living in the midlands. My dad, Richard, will be happy to show anyone around the car. I'm looking for £1500 as this is what it has cost me so far, and after a respray this will be a fantastic, immaculate, low mileage car!

Andy

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.