Skip navigation

What did you do to your Mk1 Golf Today ?

Back to the top

MrPapageorgio said

Golf Cabrio said

MrPapageorgio 🍁

😂
So what did they come out of? 🤔
A Football 🏈 stadium 🏟 😉👍🏼

Hahahaa…. No, they are 7" LED headlights for a Jeep… DOT approved  legal for the road… And insanely bright… Guy I bought them from was done for drink/drive… sold his jeep before He even installed them… $299 on the box… Scored them for $80

Nice job! 😉 👍🏼

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
20171004_103327.jpg Drove my white cabby to Leicestershire to Mr mits! His team are tasked with full body spray of snowy.
Snowy cooling down in maccys…. running slightly warm upto that point, so pulled in and massages the hoses, checked water running through system then carried on.. again. I'm sure that lack of being turned over creates blockages in cooling system, and it worries me. Bit if water is flowing I'm happy to ignore the flashing lights.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
After a Month of inactivity, strict bed rest, I was allowed to open the hood on my blue car and check the fluids.  Afterwards I was able to start the car, and found a small fuel leak on a hose (loose clamp) and a slight mis-fire that I resolved and re-timed the engine….. Nice to start wrenching again, and happily drove it around the block.  

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Last edit: by jamie8v

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top
This week I ordered a new from bumper and end caps, cleaned and replaced the rubber O ring in the metering head. It was running a bit lumpy having sat for a while ( about years on and off ) so had corroded a bit on the top of the aluminium metering head under the fuel distributor and it seems to have done the trick.
I think it might have been drawing air, I'm not sure but it seems to have helped. I also drove it out of the garage ( under its own power ! ) and put it back in the garage ready for next weekend to swap out the left front calliper for the A3 one thats waiting to go on. IMG_0137.JPG IMG_0135.JPG

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top

Yesterday I combined it with some other passions. Drive her to rugby to watch the 1st team in action (or inaction given the end result - can't win them all). Fella on the car park gate loved the mk1 and said he wanted to buy it.  Showed me pictures of his jag and almost made the lad late for being a ball boy. Nice to get the t out for a bit and give others some pleasure of just seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

This weekend there was a memorial run for a local car club guy who recently died. I was invited to attend and had a nice day driving the cabby around the long mynd, clee hill and other picturesque places.
The cabby managed 125 miles with ease, never putting a foot wrong. The driver on the other hand managed to get lost a number of times even after being provided with a detailed route plan!  Those that followed the simple instructions managed to cover 90 miles.  Never mind…..
It was great to see that despite being one of the â€~newest’ cars on the run the cabby still pulled plenty of attention.

Back to the top
Well nothing really today or for the last week really. 😕
The weather took a turn for the worse last week, cold and wet well you guys and girls back home know all about that! 😉

Mind you the weather later this week is warming up again so still a chance or two to get the top down before he goes into hibernation.

DSC_1698.JPG

So here he is just sat around being bored just like his owner! 😉 👍🏼

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Been up since dawn getting the cabby ready for tomorrow's long drive (240 mile round trip) to dagenham. Not taken it on such a long drive do fingers crossed

Back to the top
20171011_115933.jpg Well snowy in the paint shop with mits. So I'm sorting my office..looking for parts..painting parts. Problem is too many cars too many projects so far 3 boxes filled with lights…trims. service parts. And 1 box of trims and window seals  to go to mits. I've plans and parts to copy This Car. FB_IMG_1507394143721.jpg
20171011_111718.jpg 20171011_112538.jpg

M&E Accident Repair Centre
108 Cannock St
Thurmaston
Leicester
LE4 9HR

On the drive

Back to the top
Didn't do anything to my cabby today… Just took her for a nice drive.. enjoyed the buzz & the sound of it.. funny at junctions how people take a longer look.. I will be changing my front door speakers soon, that's about as exciting as it gets in what I did to my Golf :lol:

Back to the top

Put some stripes on my car well mk1 eighty did I mostly looked . Thanks James

Back to the top

Back to the top

Took mine out for a drive yesterday to get my haircut. While waiting in the normal 40 minute queue a guy comes in and asks the whole barbers - does that lovely mk1 belong to anyone in here. After letting it be known it was mine literally everyone walked out of the front door to look at it parked on the road. Good chat about 80's hot hatches and carried on. I love owning a cool car and I really love the pleasures other get from seeing them driven around still.

Back to the top
well im playing out in yuppy today, as my bmw commuter has a screw through the centre of rear runflat.. 255-35-19 bridgestone.. only a cool 200£
On a good point, ive bought my own christmas present/43rd birthday present…. hopefully comes in 1 piece.

IMG_20171101_112406.jpg IMG_20171101_112349.jpg IMG_20171031_174939.jpg

On the drive

Back to the top
I finally got round to fixing the goosed boot lock since ive had the golf, and crawling in over the back seats to open the tailgate Removed barrel and catch mech, took to bits, cleaned greased and reassembled. One working boot lock, happy days

Swore a lot at trying to reinsert the spring and circlip back into the barrel housing, but got there.

Kelt

Back to the top

Kenneth Cartwright said

well im playing out in yuppy today, as my bmw commuter has a screw through the centre of rear runflat.. 255-35-19 bridgestone.. only a cool 200£
On a good point, ive bought my own christmas present/43rd birthday present…. hopefully comes in 1 piece.

Wood look good anywhere.
Sorry could not control myself.

Back to the top
Replaced my corroded 25 year old ariel so i could listen to tunes again.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Very very poor effort…. the mic was it dropped? Wood have left audience rooted/ planted to seat…
Yes even got personalised plate..to match yuppy. My Spanish skills worked a treat when ordering this piece of wood craft.

On the drive

Back to the top
Put it in a garage for winter :-(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.