Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Today I sprayed the pedals and their stalks black so the new pedal rubbers don't contrast with the rust  :roll:

Back to the top
Replaced the waterpump. Flushed the system over and over and over.
Put in the new waterpump and thermostat. Put in new coolant (G12, fluorescent pink) and after letting the engine run for a bit, the coolant in the reservoir looks more orange than pink. Guess I will be have to change it again in a couple of months so I don't get a lot of crap in the system. I hate working with fluids. :banghead:

Everyone says you should flush by attaching a garden hose. That's no problem, but what do you do with the stuff that comes out? Just keep a lot of buckets nearby and dump them in the toilet?

Back to the top
fitting electronic ignition.

Back to the top
Welding lots of it :lol:

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top

novocaine said

you got a project thread?

Back to the top

briand said

Replaced the waterpump. Flushed the system over and over and over.
Put in the new waterpump and thermostat. Put in new coolant (G12, fluorescent pink) and after letting the engine run for a bit, the coolant in the reservoir looks more orange than pink. Guess I will be have to change it again in a couple of months so I don't get a lot of crap in the system. I hate working with fluids. :banghead:

Everyone says you should flush by attaching a garden hose. That's no problem, but what do you do with the stuff that comes out? Just keep a lot of buckets nearby and dump them in the toilet?

I'm a plumber by trade mate, this is kind of similar to powerflushing a central heating system before comissioning, if its mostly water then a drain/gulley will be fine, i flush allsorts out of systems, horrible black magnetic sludge mostly and that goes straight into the drain!

As for me, i tidied up my GX, took the alloys off and fitted steelies, put the cam cover back on and a few other bits, then gave her a wash, a final run and took some good pics for the adverts.
 :wink:
 :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
I finally got round to taking the front spats off and stripped out everything i didnt need.  Then after that gave it a good wash, shampoo, wash and polish which it was long overdue.  Now just waiting for funds for the bodyshop.

Back to the top
Took the money out of the bank machine to buy new wheels tomorrow. Dont even have the car yet, always best to get the parts first :lol:

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
just washed her, then stood back & looked at her realised how lucky i am to have her:)

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

novocaine said

you got a project thread?
#

nope.

today i played with petes stereo. tomorrow i will play with petes stereo (well maybe one day this week)

Back to the top
Made a start on the front of the block with a wire brush… and bought a bargain engine off of e-bay… seriously… check how much I got this for because the clocks changed and people probably weren't expecting it to be up an hour earlier  :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…5233840%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

well chuffed with that  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

To be honest the seller was really genuine and I felt guilty for only handing over ?5.50… does mean I have more money for my rebuild though and he wanted shot of it to be honest.

You should have seen his mk1… awesome thing and he done it all himself.. dropped him a club card.

Back to the top
Went for a nice drive in the Peak

On the way back from Grindleford to Hathersage, changed gear, and snap, foot went right to the floor

Had to get the AA out, just got back in now

Back to the top

jools182 said

Went for a nice drive in the Peak

On the way back from Grindleford to Hathersage, changed gear, and snap, foot went right to the floor

Had to get the AA out, just got back in now

Clutch cable gone?

Back to the top
pulled though the bulk head?

Back to the top
the plastic bit on the pedal end snapped  :roll:

Back to the top
Cleaned and polished hoovered and brushed. a usual sunday  :D

Back to the top
124 mph  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

what have you done to your golf today

:lol: done some jobs on corkycampaigns golf,changed his battery
plug leads,dizzy cap,rotor arm.looking forward to doing more jobs
on it soon. :lol:

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..

Back to the top
tried to fix my heater.......gave up and went for a drive...

Banner

Back to the top
Spent 3 hours putting chrome trim in the windscreen rubber!
Thats a bitch of a job!  :evil:
Went for a drive and whooped 5 imprezas in one go! HA HA!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.