Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Robbo said

Started the day off with the Clipper on axle stands 8O  painted the drums etc and calipers bled the brakes (well I did the leg work on the pedal) :roll:
and got it back on 4 wheels :D

and boy does it look the part. get it on the tatton park stand fella.

Back to the top
I thought about it.  :)  Then I thought about it with a 300bhp 20VT conversion.  :D  Then I thought about my mortgage.  :(

'82 Mk1 GTI 1600 UGY74X
(Mars Red, mostly…)

Back to the top
Timing belt and tensioner, started putting engine back together, then realised its mothers day tomorrow and i had'nt got anything and packed everything away.  :lol:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
fitted new speedo cable  :D

Back to the top
Gave it a good old thrashing down the M54... :wink: and tried to fix the heater....comes on when i go over a bump!?? :dontknow:

Banner

Back to the top
Went for a good 50 mile run on the A614 wicked :):):)

Back to the top
look at,   dreamed about,   

oh and changed 2 tyres.

Back to the top
Eventually got the middle box off to see where it was blowing from only
to find I need a new one :cry:  :cry:

Back to the top
Nothing as such to the car, but put a deposit yesterday on a 1981 GTI and today put the GX up for sale, sad about the GX, but can't wait for my GTI to arrive :D  :D  :D

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Fitted new steering wheel and headlight upgrade kit

Back to the top
Stripped the engine I took out the other day and bought parts for the engine rebuild… then cried all over the ?270 invoice!!!  I'll be cleaning gunk off of all the parts all day tomorrow  :cry:

Back to the top
nice one spud

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

nice one spud

Cheers Dean… I'll put a build thread together when I'm done…!!

Back to the top
cleaned bird poo off it, and changed brake pads

Back to the top
Cleaned it a bit & left it in the Rain to get cleaned automatically  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Hoovered it & pumped up the tyres. Gonna fill it up later at Tesco with '99' if it stays dry!  :?

Back to the top
Currently degreasing the block using multiple coats of engine cleaner.  Spent ages with a screw driver removing the big build up all over the engine.  

Took a lot of Persil to get that crap off of my hands… my niece calls it "ouch-y powder" because any time she see's me washing my hands with it I sound like a monkey… "Ooooh Ahhhh Ohhhh Ouch"… getting it in cuts stings like a mouth full of nettles!!!

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Currently degreasing the block using multiple coats of engine cleaner.  Spent ages with a screw driver removing the big build up all over the engine.  

Took a lot of Persil to get that crap off of my hands… my niece calls it "ouch-y powder" because any time she see's me washing my hands with it I sound like a monkey… "Ooooh Ahhhh Ohhhh Ouch"… getting it in cuts stings like a mouth full of nettles!!!

you ever heard of gloves….

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Or even get some Tufanega

Back to the top

Lawsy said

LOL… I've tried gloves but they get in the way for most things… your right though.. would have made sense for that one  :roll:

What's Tufanega… Is it Arnold Swartzenegar's brother… only tougher?

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Spudfingers said

Or you could get some surgical gloves from the pharmacy for cheap, they won't get in your way
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.