Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

today i put my new 8p p slots on all polished up
lowered it a bit more on my fairly new suspension
changed the throttle body
tuned the engine a bit

not a bad day  :D

Back to the top
pumped up the tyre with the slow leak in it for the millionth time.

Opened a window to air her.

BEWARE KY05 UCO, blind and deaf white haired driver of red transit, avoid at all costs, he thinks running cars on to the verge is ok. i'm fine, car's fine, mood and make up not so good.

Back to the top
went out and gave her a wash AGAIN

theres still so much salt on the road. it should be banned!

Back to the top
i agree, rather than put salt down, people should just be taught HOW TO DRIVE.

luckily gruberta was wintering away from the horrid salt-affliction the roads had this winter, and is merely rusting and in wet carpeted from normal wintery wetness. PHEW! ;)

time to get off my arse and get her sorted and resprayed really.

BEWARE KY05 UCO, blind and deaf white haired driver of red transit, avoid at all costs, he thinks running cars on to the verge is ok. i'm fine, car's fine, mood and make up not so good.

Back to the top
today i washed the old girl and gave her a quick wax.
then took the chin spoiler off. that took me up to being dark.
tomorrow will be a continuation of the wheels as that was started yesterday. and changing the oil in the better halfs motor after having to go and get an 8 mm square drive because french cars are rubbish.

Back to the top
today its been a good one, compleatly striped the inside of my newly aquired rust bucket, managed to put the jack through the sill 8O  so i need a new one, took off the back axle, washed it and sanded it down ready for a paint in the morning, need loads of new pannels if any one knows where to get them from?

Back to the top
<<<<<< crazy quiffs

psst his on the left.

Back to the top
removed a few old stickers from the windows that had been stuck on by the previous owner, took it for a short run and tried to figure out why its cutting out when warm - hoping its the lack of petrol and rubbish in the bottom of the tank and not the fact that the fuel line is still leaking a bit, could be the warm idle speed needs adjusting?... roll on payday in a weeks time so i can get it all tip top.

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
been great last few days so changed oil and filter and used daily for work and back. Great to finish the day, take the roof down and drive home in the sun, blow a few cobwebs away.

heres hopin for a great summer.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

djheap22 said

blow a few cobwebs away.

heres hopin for a great summer.

do that every day mate.
i ride a bike. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Washed, waxed, took for a cruise  :lol:

Back to the top
got out some tools looked at it put the tools away  :?

Back to the top
Got up at 6 this morning to take the hood off so it was ready for the body shop at 8!
(Thank you to Ross Fuller for his excellent hood replacement guide :D )
Found more rust, nothing serious but more work.  :(

Back to the top
Went to get some stuff out of the garage, gave the rust i've found a dirty sideways look and told myself i'll chop it out on the weekend, then told the old girl ihe'll have her back on the road soon, nay i promised her. :(

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
took car for mot

Back to the top
curruntly repairing the exhaust replaced top strut mounts then replace the clocks

just waiting for my lunch to arrive :lol:

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
washed Gladys then took her out for a spin with the roof down for the first time, was amazing but messed up my hair loads :)

Back to the top
cleaned her inside. quick spray over then waxed.

then went to robbos to over a spare pair of hands whilst bleeding the brakes on his very nice clipper. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Spent the entire day on the right hand engine mount. Had to use my Dremel and 6 discs to destroy the bracket and rubber mount. I have never seen a bolt so strongly seized. After removing the core of the mount I tried to press the bolt out using a vice and a breaker bar (just for fun). Even that didn't work. The same vice died when I pressed the new mount in the new bracket :twisted:

I did learn 2 things today:
1)VW thinks you need to remove the cam belt to properly change the mount bracket… They are probably right, but brute force also works. :mrgreen:
2)I will not change the right hand mount again unless the engine dropped out by itself.

Back to the top
Started the day off with the Clipper on axle stands 8O  painted the drums etc and calipers bled the brakes (well I did the leg work on the pedal) :roll:
and got it back on 4 wheels :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.