Skip navigation

Guess the Asking Price 'Season 4' competition.

Back to the top

Simply guess what the sellers asking price was for these Mk1's!

Pathetic season for me! However, I love this game and want to thank you Mike for putting on the show. Well done to the winners and next season I'll try to do better!

Back to the top

Congrats on the winners & a big thanks Mike for the GAP comp along with the effort put in. My gut was telling me 14995 after I read it was in a dealers but the 1st answer is to be accepted. There’s always next season lol. So we’re now in our summer gap.. woohoo.. sun will be out & the tops coming down.. on the car that is.. I did take my lil gem for a small blast last night.. sounded great & felt good to give her blast after 4 weeks! Suns out tomorrow so a longer drive could be on. Hope to catch up soon with fellow smiling dubbers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Well done winners
Thanks Mike for this Years
I cant help post now with :ocf_emoticons__icon_confused:  anticipation of the finals.
I made a better effort this year to guess compared to other gap's
My head really turned when I see them posted and wished I had your postion as salesman too.
Have I stayed on form or pipped at the post???
That lifeline you threw me was still out '0' but I had not considered the local interest shown by the dealership.
Until tommorow..
Hoppy Dreams

What's next?
Mk1 second project cabriolet
MK1 first project cabriolet

Back to the top
blah blah….congrats to winners….blah blah… I'm sure Mike just picked his mates this year.😉

good game all the same. roll on next winter

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Important!
Morning everyone, well here we are with the season 2017/18 over.
We started back on the 22nd of October last year with car No.1 and since then the players have challenged their wits up against each other with 21 cars in total.

This version of 'GAP' has attracted over 10,000 hits and nearly 1,400 comments in 21 weeks and 23 players played every round very impress indeed!

But it's time to bring it to a close by announcing the winners of 'GAP Season 4'.

In 1st place having amassed 62 points is hopsandmovingon  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

Gold medal1.JPG

In 2nd and so close to the top spot, just coming up 3 points short with 59 points is ppc229w  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

Gold medal1.JPG

In 3rd just 2 points short of the runner up spot with 57 points is GCE799  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  

Gold medal1.JPG

Spare a thought for the three players just out of the medals and all amassing more than 50 points.  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

Top 6 week 21.JPG

Just behind the is a group of 5 players all with on 47 points which shows that they've been regular vistors to the podium.  :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:

Week 21 full table.JPG

So I'd like to sign off by saying thank you all for taking part, you've been truly enthusiastic and it's been a real pleasure being your on the field referee.
I must also mention Chris easternkris who's done all the scoring throughout the season flawlessly every week on time and maintained the league for us.Couldn't have done it without his help!  :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:  

Please note.
Will all the winners send their full name and address in a Private Message to ppc229w as he has kindly offered to take delivery of the medals and post them to the other winners.

There is one more medal to be awarded to the player we deem to be the best 'Rookie of the Year'.
That will be awarded next weekend when I've had time to seriously consider my options!

Right then time for me to take my whistle off and hang up my boots and I hope you all have enjoyed  yourselves and have a great spring and summer.  ;)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
Important!

Back to the top

Thanks all been a great way to annoy the wife with all things mk1 while the rain and snow has been falling.

Some good banter and superbly organised. Well done all the winners.

Excited feel for this afternoon when I get to add some antifreeze mix to mine and start her up again for the first one in about a month.

Back to the top

Thank you too Chris easternkris
And Thank you Mike golfcabrio
Have had loads of fun guessing
Hope the closing of the gap winter games is an indication now is the time to get out and enjoy our car. .. (enjoy) / (work on)..
Excellent game and great players.
Every car has it's fan and unusual quality.
Good luck all with your projects may the parts be with you
BST and Spring has well and truly arrived.
Have a Hoppy Easter next week.
Antony

Post from a ' HOP X DUB '

What's next?
Mk1 second project cabriolet
MK1 first project cabriolet

Back to the top
Gutted it's over well done to the over all winners. Am more then happy to help out again next season golf Cabrio. 

In honour of gap I have me 2014/15 Tshirt on for Work today 

Back to the top
Well done the winners, and thanks to Mike and co for all their time and the work that goes into running GAP.  Thoroughly enjoyed guessing every week, sometimes near, most times not !  Hoping there's going to be another season.

Back to the top
*takes a bow*

I'm not one for speeches so I'll keep this brief :P

Thanks to Mike golf Cabrio and easternkris for running GAP, and congrats to hopsandmovingon and ppc229w .

Now I've set myself a target to try to beat next season ;)

Back to the top

I'll second that. Well done to the winners and thanks for all your hard work guys.

I'm hoping to get a car on the road this year and get to the annual meeting now I'm in the UK.

Hope to see some of you there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If you want the PSD Boot Sticker file, it's here: Boot Sticker

Back to the top
 :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance: :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:  another podium for the oldtimer and all joking aside had 15k entered only to edit it by £500 :banghead: :banghead: darn always go with your gut feelin  well done to everyone especially golf Cabrio  for keepin  the ball rollin all winter , take a bow my friend ,a great forum run by great owners……

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
Wow very pleased with second been great fun and a big shout out to golf Cabrio

Congrats to GCE799 & hopsandmovingon

looking back through the last two pages I think I was £2 from coming first with the last car🤦‍♂️  Roll on next season

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top
Many thanks for the kind words I'm really proud of the fact that you like it because as I've said before it does take up a lot of my time.

Talking of which, as for another season well this ones only just finished so I really need a break.

The issue here about a new season is that first of all I really don't have anything like enough stock for another.
Which means I would have to spend a great deal of time sourcing enough cars.

Plus as you may know I have taken on new senior roles for the club. I'm now Moderator Team Manager and Assistant Webmaster.

It's all completely new to me and I'm in the dark as to how much time these two positions will take up. Given my health situation I want to be sure as I can that I can finish what I've started.
Don't forget I've just been forced into retirement which is a big shock and will take some time adjusting to at my age.

So the thought I have if I'm pushed at the moment is no not again next winter but to bring it back for the winter 2019/20.

By then I will have enough stock and be familiar with the my new roles within the club.

Hope you get where I'm coming from because there has to come a day when I say no more because I want to stop this on a high and not when it's past its 'use by' date! :thumbs:

Sent from my Smartphone

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
Mike

Yes know where you are coming from. Having in the past been seconded to help out in a number of clubs you can seriously underestimate the time required to do the job.

You can have to much of a good thing, better leave stage right when you are on top and the audience is clamouring for more. Then like old blue eyes do a series farewell gigs.O_o

Back to the top

GGIFA said

Mike

Yes know where you are coming from. Having in the past been seconded to help out in a number of clubs you can seriously underestimate the time required to do the job.

You can have to much of a good thing, better leave stage right when you are on top and the audience is clamouring for more. Then like old blue eyes do a series farewell gigs.O_o

GGIFA

Thanks my friend and to be absolutely honest it's to early to say.
The biggest deal breaker at the moment is I have nowhere near enough cars for a full season.

So I need time away before I start again trawling through for sale ads looking for new stock. If I did that I did that now I'd have no break at all.

Mike
Sent from my Smartphone

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
I was just looking through the end of season 3 to see where I finished last time, which was 14th,, so moving up to 7th (joint 7th…) was a heck of a result! (It was going in blind that did it…. I obviously have no clue)

However, I also saw this ppc229w - at the end of the last season you posted the below photo of your son, blamed him on coming second and as it turns out, you haven't done any better… I think you need to replicate it, do you? haha

external_url_proxy.jpeg

Thanks again golf cabrio - your efforts are always welcome, you do such a great job with me and you can obviously see that people enjoy it!

Also, there's no working you hard in the team, there are always people on hand to help out, so no stress there!

As I say to all of the team, all you can do is what you can, as long as you tell us when you can't, someone else will always step up :)

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top

36thCrazyFist said

I was just looking through the end of season 3 to see where I finished last time, which was 14th,, so moving up to 7th (joint 7th…) was a heck of a result! (It was going in blind that did it…. I obviously have no clue)

However, I also saw this ppc229w - at the end of the last season you posted the below photo of your son, blamed him on coming second and as it turns out, you haven't done any better… I think you need to replicate it, do you? haha

external_url_proxy.jpeg

Thanks again golf cabrio - your efforts are always welcome, you do such a great job with me and you can obviously see that people enjoy it!

Also, there's no working you hard in the team, there are always people on hand to help out, so no stress there!

As I say to all of the team, all you can do is what you can, as long as you tell us when you can't, someone else will always step up :)

Wow how time flies

My daughter is now 2, I will add a new photo when the medal arrives

I really do enjoy the game, mike and the crew do a fantastic job

Lets hope it is able to continue

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Important!
Morning everyone, well just when you thought it was safe to visit you mailbox! :)

Time to announce the winner of this seasons 'Rookie of the Year' award.
He played every match right from the start and finished in a very respectable 12th place in his first season.

The winner of this prestigious award is Wes_france :thumbs:

5ab732e85859c.jpg

Very well done Wes for your first season you kept on picking up points here and there without ever quite hitting the jackpot. Had you a little more luck you would have been a top contender. Better luck next time. :)

So Wes please send ppc229w a private message with your full name and address so we can post your medal to you when it's ready. ;)

So now we know all the medals I will be contacting the company that provided them for the last three seasons and order them.

I'll be next reporting back when I get a rough delivery date. :thumbs:

Sent from my Smartphone

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Important!

Back to the top

Golf Cabrio said

Morning everyone, well just when you thought it was safe to visit you mailbox! :)

Time to announce the winner of this seasons 'Rookie of the Year' award.
He played every match right from the start and finished in a very respectable 12th place in his first season.

The winner of this prestigious award is Wes_france :thumbs:

5ab732e85859c.jpg

Very well done Wes for your first season you kept on picking up points here and there without ever quite hitting the jackpot. Had you a little more luck you would have been a top contender. Better luck next time. :)

So Wes please send ppc229w a private message with your full name and address so we can post your medal to you when it's ready. ;)

So now we know all the medals I will be contacting the company that provided them for the last three seasons and order them.

I'll be next reporting back when I get a rough delivery date. :thumbs:

Sent from my Smartphone
Well that’s a nice surprise!

I need to thank a few people who helped me achieve this accolade.

Firstly thanks to my friends and family who have seen me through the dark times and the constant beeping of my phone over the last few months.

Secondly, thanks to the discovery channel and their huge array of repeated car build shows. Without them my life would be so much more productive…

And finally thanks to everyone who participated including those that organise and run the competition. I will be back next year with lots more random guesses

Wes

There are too many online users to list.