Skip navigation

Anyone know where A561 FNR Silver Campaign is?

Back to the top
A friend has asked if I can track down his Uncles Silver Campaign, It' had been off road according to DVLA since 2006,  but he has just noticed MOT'd this  February . I have already searched our registers, but for some reason the registration A561FNR seems familiar?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Hi

I have some info on A561FNR silver Campaign

Back to the top
Thanks for your reply, I had forgotten I posted this up!

My friend said a few weeks ago that it was for sale, it used to belong to his Uncle and last summer he was going to buy a Mk1 for himself and wanted to find this one.

In the end he bought a Mk2 Campaign 10 Million Edition  which he is restoring now.

The info you have, is it about the fact it's for sale, or do you know more about its previous history?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
HiI bought the car a few weeks ago and was just Googling the reg to see if I can find any old service history old owners or information on its past life, and your post came up.Its not a bad looking car its just there's no paper work to go with it, so I am looking to start putting a folder together with as much info as possible so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. 

Back to the top
I am not sure if my friend is registered on here, I will send him a text to see if he can give you anymore background history.

Last edit: by RichardHall

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Hi,

My uncle John Ironmonger was the 2nd owner of the car and he bought it from a dealership in Castle Donington, Derbyshire in 1985 after first owner (a young woman) traded it in against and Astra GTE. He owned the car for a couple of years and then traded it in against a Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9. I would love to see the car at some point so please let me know if you go to any shows in the future because the car has some sentimental value to it and one day in the future (when I can afford it I'd love to buy it back!)

What's the plan with the car then (I hope you're keeping it standard!) haha!

All the best,

Joe

Back to the top
Hi JoeThank you for getting in contact, that's some great information to add to the file.I'm going to keep on digging and see if I can find out any more info about the cars life as I have no paperwork at all only the V5 not even an old Mot.Everything looks pretty standard with the car at the moment and that's how I plan to keep it, when I get some time to have a better look at the car I'll see what's been done.Should be going to some local shows in Dorset and then Bug Jam later in the summer. Again thank you very much for getting in contact and if you think of anything else just drop me a message.Kind Regards

Steve (Wuxby)  

Back to the top

Wuxby said

Hi JoeThank you for getting in contact, that's some great information to add to the file.I'm going to keep on digging and see if I can find out any more info about the cars life as I have no paperwork at all only the V5 not even an old Mot.Everything looks pretty standard with the car at the moment and that's how I plan to keep it, when I get some time to have a better look at the car I'll see what's been done.Should be going to some local shows in Dorset and then Bug Jam later in the summer. Again thank you very much for getting in contact and if you think of anything else just drop me a message.Kind Regards

Steve (Wuxby)  

Hi mate, just wondering how you're getting on with your Golf. Unfortunately my newly restored Mk2 was written off the other week. I know this is a long shot but if you ever think of selling your Golf will you let me know first? The car has sentimental value so I'd love to have the chance to own it as I missed out first time round due to the Mk2 commitment. If you have any photos of progress I'd also love to see them.

Kind regards,

Joe

Back to the top
Best of luck Joe. I was expecting a mafiosy comment like 'make them an offer they can't refuse'
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.