Skip navigation

Best place to find genuine mk1 parts?

Back to the top
Hi people, just a quick question. I finally got my cabriolet out of the garage yester (recent purchase) previous owner decided a very loud exhaust was the way to go but personally I'd rather have it standard. Its the 89 1.8 gti, can anyone help? I'm a bit new to this but rather not go deaf every time I get in it?

Back to the top
Try https://www.longlife.co.uk/ stainless steel exhaust and you can choose the volume and exhaust note. I went for 'mild sport' so its just a little bit noisier than standard, and a standard look tailpipe.

1986 GTI Cabriolet ("dambuster")

2000 Mk4 Cabriolet Avantgarde (bought for the mrs)

2001 Zafira 1.8

Back to the top
If you want genuine then you should be able to get a lot from vw here:http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/

At least with a genuine one you know what you get but as LeeO said a custom one would be the next best thing as it will last longer in stainless and you can have it sound the way you want and they generally come with a lifetime guarantee.

Of course you can get decent OEM pattern parts / genuine parts from Classic VW and crazy quiffs.

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top
GSF will do a standard exhaust.

Back to the top
Believe it or not there are some on eBay… pretty sure they're the same make as what's advertised with other Suppliers… GSF, Euro Car Parts & Classic VW parts even… just compare costs/delivery & stuff & i'm sure you're gonna do the right thing… :thumbs:Good going standard..
bit of a cheesy boy racer fest with a loud exhaust on a cabby (personal choice - like seeing a Scorpion back box on a 1.1 Fiesa - all guts no glory :lol:) but obviously if it's got a 16v/G60/R32/VR6 lump then that's a lil different i spose.. :lol:

Back to the top
Be careful with some stuff from classic.de not everything is genuine

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers guys, massive help thanks.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.