Skip navigation

STOLEN MK1 Campaign Interior and MK2 Teardrop Alloys

Important!
Hi all,Some thieving scum has stolen the whole interior out of my MK1 Campaign and my newly refurbed wheels off of my MK2 GTI. The interior was mint and no marks or wear as it has only done 60,000 miles and the wheels were freshly refurbed with stainless allen cap bolts so mint too. The worse thing is they dropped my Mk2 onto the floor and that was also a minter. If anyone see these items for sale or gets offered them please contact me on here. This happenedin the Henley-On-Thames area where they were in storage.Thanks Ben
Important!

Back to the top
The utter scum bags!  :dry:

What color was the interior?
Can you load up a picture or two of what we are looking for!

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
This is the same colour and type of interior, just not my photo.

Back to the top
Here is a photo of the wheels, again not mine main differences being mine were freshly refurbed and had stainless steel Allen cap head bolts holding the centre cap on.

Back to the top
seems to be alot of this going round atm

i will keep an eye out :)

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers guys, just really gutted tbh as I know it's not going to be easy to get replacements

Back to the top
Evil filth. I know how you feel mate. Did you contact the police?

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Not much point these days , is there?  although they did recover my stolen 205 gti, but that was 20 years ago.

Back to the top
Police have been and gone, dusted for prints and found some markings from shoes, not gonna hold my breath though....

Back to the top
And the really annoying thing, I doubt its a random theft, to be fitted to a morris minor etc, its possibly someone who moves in these circles.

Back to the top

Ben_r32 said

Police have been and gone, dusted for prints and found some markings from shoes, not gonna hold my breath though….
I wouldn't; you will definitely suffocate!!!

When my golf was stolen and recovered they got some partial prints that narrowed it down to about 200 people on the national database. They also got a DNA sample from the top of the broken bottle used to smash the window. This, combined with the prints, narrowed it to 1 person who just happened to live less than 1 mile away and had priors for car theft. Quite a coincidence given the search was the entire national database. Apparently there wasn't enough evidence to do anything so I was left with a car that was written off by the insurance company for a broken window and damage to the steering column! What pi$$ed me off the most was the car was found 200 meters away from my house and the police charged me £150 to 'recover' it to their lab for tests etc! The recovery company caused more damage than the theft had caused and to top it off, whilst in their 'care' they left it outside in the rain to fill with water, broke the fuel cap off and stole the fuel and nicked the contents of the boot! Anyway, enough of my venting……sorry for your loss.

Last edit: by Hairyarse

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top

KevMk1Tdi said

Ben_r32 said

Police have been and gone, dusted for prints and found some markings from shoes, not gonna hold my breath though….
I wouldn't; you will definitely suffocate!!!

When my golf was stolen and recovered they got some partial prints that narrowed it down to about 200 people on the national database. They also got a DNA sample from the top of the broken bottle used to smash the window. This, combined with the prints, narrowed it to 1 person who just happened to live less than 1 mile away and had priors for car theft. Quite a coincidence given the search was the entire national database. Apparently there wasn't enough evidence to do anything so I was left with a car that was written off by the insurance company for a broken window and damage to the steering column! What pi$$ed me off the most was the car was found 200 meters away from my house and the police charged me £150 to 'recover' it to their lab for tests etc! The recovery company caused more damage than the theft had caused and to top it off, whilst in their 'care' they left it outside in the rain to fill with water, broke the fuel cap off and stole the fuel and nicked the contents of the boot! Anyway, enough of my venting……sorry for your loss.

Feel sorry for both of you they should bring back the birch and give them 20-40 lashes,on the other hand the Police are dreadful nowadays they would rather hid behind a bin or bush with a radar gun. :o

Back to the top
I'll keep my eyes peeled as I'm not far from you in abingdon.cant believe people can do this I no how you feel had my van stolen couple of months back got the van back but all my hand and power tools long gone. Hope this turns out better fo you and you find them
Luke

Back to the top
Keep checking Gumtree that's the local thieves selling paper.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
Cheers guys, I'm totally gutted tbh

Back to the top
i will keep a look out for you be hard for them to try to sell it all .. iam always looking for bits for my car so if i spot any of your stolen parts i will let you know straight away … and hope the thieving scum get caught.!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.