Skip navigation

Pirelli P slot tyre help

Back to the top
Hi guys

Just after some help.

I've managed to get a set of 14 Inch pirelli p slots for my mk1 gti, complete with center caps.

They came with 4 budget tyres on… 2 are 7mm  1 6mm and 1 3mm.  But all are old tyres (8 years) so think to be safe to change all 4. 

The profile is 185 60 14.

Is this the correct tyre profiles? 

60 does seem high but I want it original looking as poss so understand if that's the norm. 

What do you guys recommend and any brands to look at…. seen kumho ecowing for set of 4 brand new at 140.
Or hankook kinenergy eco for same price. 

Thank you for any pointers/help

Mike

Back to the top
Yes that's the same as my Campaign

Back to the top
I've had Khumo before (not the version you mention here though I think)  on other cars and have been fine, but also big fan of Hankooks, had the kenergy on our previous Ford S max and they were great, but not quite same car though as A GTI, but I think they would be a great all rounder, The tyre size is correct, anything different and they don't look right.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
That is the right size tyre - they look 'right' for a standard car. I have P-slots on mine and decided to go for a set of Pirelli P6000's.

1986 GTI Cabriolet ("dambuster")

2000 Mk4 Cabriolet Avantgarde (bought for the mrs)

2001 Zafira 1.8

Back to the top
Where did you see the hankooks and khumos at that price. Need some for the tin top.

Back to the top
Hi guys

Thx for the info.

found them on ebay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/351323772139?nav=SEARCH

135 for 4 delivered…. can't see getting any cheaper than that for 4 mid brand tyres. 

Like idea of pirelli tyres on them….but not sure extra cost worth it. 

Back to the top
That seems a bargin price, delivered from Germany to the UK?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yes that's right…

Search on amazon. …

Kumho  solus at 33 delivered

Even Dunlop  and Goodyear are only 37 

I've used amazon before and seem to come direct from manufacturers via Germany 

Back to the top

LeeO said

That is the right size tyre - they look 'right' for a standard car. I have P-slots on mine and decided to go for a set of Pirelli P6000's.

Those P6000 are like rocking horse pooh to get I've got a set of 4 on mine tried to get one for my spare to match no luck had to go for another type of pirelli 😟

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
I went for the Pirelli P1's

Sticker Pig

Back to the top
Swerve , if only you had said. I have a spare P6000 gathering dust. A little old but airtight and puncture free.

Back to the top
Hi mine is a Mk 1,  Karmann 1.8 convertible, 85 all orig with orig golf ball gear knob.  I have P wheels    The  tyre size you said were on yours  is correct.  the wheels were/are Italian design, .  The MK1 Golf is also Italian design.  Orig P wheels have 1 extra P,   aftermarket ones had one less P.  hope this helps
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.