Skip navigation

PRICE DROP!! 1983 GTi Tin Top non sunroof unfinished track/fast road project with pictures!!!

Back to the top
I am having to sell my project, it is currently in pieces but has everything there to get it through a mot / road worthy.

Basic spec:

1983 shell, originally black but painted white (MOTS show this was done as far back as 2005)
Non sunroof model
all panels and doors in good condition, no major rust. the only repair needed is in the drivers foot well and the OSR arch.
2.0 16v abf engine and gearbox conversion with conversion mounts
Jenvey direct to head throttle bodies with badger 5 linkage
Emerald stand alone engine management with custom loom, needs taping up and securing as I havent done that yet.
custom coil pack installation
claus von essen rod conversion kit (not yet fitted)
new driveshafts
all new fuel lines and motorsport style filter
Stainless conversion manifold and center pipe
start of a smoothed engine bay  in primer
hydraulic clutch conversion
wilwood pedal box (clutch and brake cylinders)
fully braided brake lines
g60 front brakes (not fitted yet)
15" black and silver alloys
coilovers
varley motorsport battery in custom rear quarter install
battery kill switch

The only work it needs is the small hole in drivers floor and a torn steering rack gaitor, then it will pass a mot.

I had started stripping the car down to seam weld the engine bay and do the floor repair before building it back up, so currently it is in peices. I have the 4 door cards and there are 2 front seats fitted at the moment (1xmk1 gti 1xmk2 gti) but only one seat belt. I fitted the 2nd seat so a person could sit there while mapping.

The car does run, the engine is a real gem, the noise alone is enough to love it! It is mapped to a basic form ready to be taken on a rolling road.

comes with all paperwork, loads of old MOTs and original service booklet. I have the V5 in my name

With the floor and wheel arch welded up it would be a nice track car, with a bit more surface prep and some paint it could make a show car.

The expensive bits are there with a solid shell, it just needs someone with the time to do the finishing touches and bolt it back together.

Looking at the 6K plus of receipts for the items I am putting it up for £3250 ono, it will need to be trailored away.

The car is located near Lewes, East Sussex

I need to get it sold as I need a TDi for my new job, so if it doesn't sell soon I will break it. (please don't ask about parts here, it will appear in the correct section when or if it gets broken)

Last edit: by Tic

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.