Skip navigation

Convoy-MKeynes,Northants & Leicester to AGM Friday 23rd

Back to the top

Convoy-MKeynes,Northants & Leicester to AGM Friday 23rd

Hi Guys,

Although i cant go up to AGM till the Sat (picking up girlfriend from Solihul am !), i may drop by to garage to see you guys off as just down the road from J15 ! (Westone).

Mark

Back to the top

ant5 said

Yomp said

ant5 said

Spud i will be going up earlier so i can get our tent set up etc. I will reserve a nice big space for Milton keyners i have a 3x3 that goes up in 59 seconds ( :mrgreen: funk) i need electric hook up so i can run the Big kettle for morning tea  :D

I will probably bring a spare tent just in case.

Ant,

I'm not sure there is electric hook up available. Check with Gammy. There are hook ups on site but they are reserved for the caravan club only.

Yeah i read that yesterday, I asked Sir Gammy acouple of weeks ago and he said he was going to try and sort something out, obviously didnt go to plan. Im not joining the caravan club for 3 day of lecky. Just cant bring the BIG kettle and power the fridge  :(
shall I bring my generator then?

Back to the top

mostlyinky said

Hi Guys,

Although i cant go up to AGM till the Sat (picking up girlfriend from Solihul am !), i may drop by to garage to see you guys off as just down the road from J15 ! (Westone).

Mark

Hi Mark we'd love to see ya bud so nip along before 7pm mate.  If you live near junction 15 mate you may want to join me and Zambo for the Milton Keynes meet every first Tuesday of the month…. cracking bunch of people there (check the regional section for our past meets).  Anyway look forward to seeing ya mate at the garage and the AGM.

It poured down yesterday so couldn't get the carpet done… and today I'm too hungover…. which now leaves Friday as I'm off work  :mrgreen:

Only 5 days now… oooooooo  :mrgreen:

List of people to keep informed

1. Spud
2. Zambo
3. Jelly
4. millfischk69
5. Marshy
6. Andy_Jeffries
7. Funk-star and his crew
8. Studs
9. Stuckey2
10. Team Dubboy
11. Jim E Ruff
12. Brucieboy

Back to the top
I'll be there!  :D Plus would be great to go to with you guys to Milton keynes next month if poss. I cant belive how many vw owners there are in this area , especialy MK1's!!!

Mark

Back to the top

mostlyinky said

I'll be there!  :D Plus would be great to go to with you guys to Milton keynes next month if poss. I cant belive how many vw owners there are in this area , especialy MK1's!!!

Mark

:mrgreen: …. and now we have one more to the list bud  :wink: .  It satrted as 6-7 mk1's and then everyone realised that the Northants and MK people are a good crack it's now up to about 11-13 mk1's at the meet each month… there's even more but sometimes they can't make it.  If we got all the mk1's that have attended to be regulars we'd have 20+…. come and say hello on Friday mate.  I'll be the short guy with dark hair and a mono-brow lol.  That way you'll be fine coming over to the MK camping area on Saturday with your missus at the AGM.  JellyBelly is bringing his missus, I'm bringing mine and ant5 is bringing his so she shouldn't feel like she's out of place mate.  You staying over Saturday?

Back to the top
will somebody tell spudfinger that i've pm'd my number so he can let me know weather he's fitted his carpets yet (kindly donated a good 8 months ago), because if he hasn't……………

IM NOT COMING!!!!!! :hand:  :hand:  :hand:  :hand:  :posh:  :posh:  :posh:  :posh:

[marq=right]:hand:  :hand:  :hand:  :hand:[/marq]

[marq=left]:posh:  :posh:  :posh:  :posh:[/marq]

[marq=up]Talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening!!!![/marq]

Banner

Back to the top
HAHAHAAAAA… Alright alright I'll fit the carpets on Friday!!!   :lol:

Back to the top
i want photo graphic proof of fitted carpet before i leave :posh:

Banner

Back to the top
Hi again,
Yes we are…….the misses has booked us a b&b 0.2 miles from the race course !!!!! spoilt thats me !!!! plan to leave golf at show and walk to it !!!!

Forgot to ask … have you or any of the others been to the queen Elenor vw meet. Iv been just a few times … usualy im the only cabriolet!!!

Back to the top
Not been mate.  I normally find the vw meets are boy racer "max power" kind of stuff…. I just got to the MK meet as it's all mk1 (apart from the odd bettle, van, DAX etc which keeps it interesting).

Jelly-I'll take a pic ya big woman  :lol:

Back to the top
I get ur drift , but most of the guys and girls are ok and not seen any racing yet!!!!

Back to the top

mostlyinky said

I get ur drift , but most of the guys and girls are ok and not seen any racing yet!!!!

I went to my first meet in coventry when I got my original looking mk1… it was all neon lights, bass boxes, amps and whale-tails etc… put me right off….ace cafe was similar.  I prefer the chilled out retro events where people chat to ya.

You'll be well set on Saturday then mate… all B&B'd up… fresh and early in the morning  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
STUDS! i think its your call, thats a lot of weight and space to take up, might be a good idea but its up to you, it gunna bring my 240v convertor PS2 converter to run off my car so i can pump up my air bed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D up to you mate!!!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

studs said

ant5 said

Yomp said

ant5 said

Spud i will be going up earlier so i can get our tent set up etc. I will reserve a nice big space for Milton keyners i have a 3x3 that goes up in 59 seconds ( :mrgreen: funk) i need electric hook up so i can run the Big kettle for morning tea  :D

I will probably bring a spare tent just in case.

Ant,

I'm not sure there is electric hook up available. Check with Gammy. There are hook ups on site but they are reserved for the caravan club only.

Yeah i read that yesterday, I asked Sir Gammy acouple of weeks ago and he said he was going to try and sort something out, obviously didnt go to plan. Im not joining the caravan club for 3 day of lecky. Just cant bring the BIG kettle and power the fridge  :(
shall I bring my generator then?

No its ok, you will get through a tank of fuel before the kettle boils and dont want a genny running all night, even if it is to keep the beer cool. We will survive, like we did in the olden days

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
I have asked this before but cant find the thread?

Whos bringing a bbq? shall i bring coal?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
New tent arrived - its huuuuge and heavy. Trial pitch complete (need bigger garden)

New airbeds and sleeping bags tested.

Mk1 passed MOT whoohoooo!

Just need some gas for the stove now

Banner

Back to the top
If anyone needs parts bringing, PM me

Banner

Back to the top
No one seems to have a BBQ funk…. looks like everyone is taking camping stoves bud.  Me and Alaine bought a pot, pan, cups set from Tesco which will come in handy on our double hob cooker… I'm looking forward to this camping milarky  :mrgreen:

The convoy is on Friday…. just 4 sleeps away  8O  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!!

List of people to keep informed

1. Spud
2. Zambo
3. Jelly
4. millfischk69
5. Marshy
6. Andy_Jeffries
7. Funk-star
8. Studs
9. Stuckey2
10. Team Dubboy
11. Jim E Ruff
12. Brucieboy

I will pm everyone above with my mobile number on Friday morning.  Store it on your phone and buzz me if you need anything…. oooooooooooo it's only a few days now!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
can you ammend no 7 to funk on his own :-(

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

can you ammend no 7 to funk on his own :-(

Why…. have nickl and peeps left ya!?!?

There are too many online users to list.