Skip navigation

2012 AGM Dates

Back to the top

2012 AGM Dates

I've just gotta sort my head gasket, suspension, dodgy brake servo, foglights, tempromental fans, 80s radio, sill trims, and minor interior components done, and I'm all ready :banghead:

Oh, and Tax and MOT…

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top

Dano said

Even better!!!
Is BVF the first weekend in July?

No, their problem was that it clashed with Camperjam at the beginning of the month and I think a few of the volunteers and those attending go to both these shows.  They couldn't get the showground for the second weekend so the show will be at a slightly later date of 20-22 July and around the same time next year too.

Mk1 GTI Rivage Cabby Mk3 GTI Anniversary

Back to the top
All being well we will be there…. (I assume an 18month old is welcome?!?)
Hopefully the Cabby will make an appearance!

At a risk of stirring people up whats the big deal about BugJam.  Last time I was there it was full of various makes and you had to be in a club area unless you were happy that anything not screwed down would disappear!  I'm going back about 7 years ago though and I am open to being convinced to give it another go!

Back to the top

Gony59 said

All being well we will be there…. (I assume an 18month old is welcome?!?)
Hopefully the Cabby will make an appearance!

At a risk of stirring people up whats the big deal about BugJam.  Last time I was there it was full of various makes and you had to be in a club area unless you were happy that anything not screwed down would disappear!  I'm going back about 7 years ago though and I am open to being convinced to give it another go!

I've been going for the past 4 years and I can honestly say Bugjam is awesome, we've always camped in the non club section and never seen even the slightest sniff of trouble.
Very chilled and relaxed with a good mix of VW now and of course the added bonus of chilling on the hill with a tinny watching the strip.  8)

Back to the top
Dates are good for me, gives me more time to get project go slow finished,lol.

Back to the top

Anybody like to let me in on the secret?

As a relatively new member I clicked thru to this topic as I thought I might like to attend and wanted to know more about 'the gathering'. What I found was rather different than what I expected. No matter. My wife and I live in Cyprus and whilst here keep our Rivage tucked up in a barn in UK. Coming back to UK involves planning and not a little expense so I'd like to hear more about what is on offer at the gathering. I'm sure that there will be a relevant thread that I haven't yet found. So please be gentle and thank you for having me/us. Andy

Back to the top
Please don't get the wrong idea regarding the gathering. This thread is all about the change of date in the main. The weekend has changes for a variety of reasons.

Have a look through the 2011 threads here

There is also a Club History thread here which has links to past gatherings including photos.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Back to the top
Been to the last two gatherings and had a wicked time at them but can't make it this year unfortunately.

Same weekend as T in the Park and i need to see The Stone Roses. Hopefully make the journey down next year tho…..

Hope you all have a magic weekend and the weather is kind.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top

2012 Event

Dano said

Please don't get the wrong idea regarding the gathering. This thread is all about the change of date in the main. The weekend has changes for a variety of reasons.

Have a look through the 2011 threads here

There is also a Club History thread here which has links to past gatherings including photos.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Hi Dano,

Thanks for the response. I have browsed the club history - fascinating, and also looked at photos from 2011, it looks like a fun time was had despite the weather. I see no reason why 2012 should not build on the previous successes. If we can be back in UK in July it would be great fun to join in! AJ 8)

Back to the top
Only another 121 days to go !!!!! or 2904 hours !!!!!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Whats the URL to purchase tickets? fancy a bit of mk1 camping.

Hehh

I'm so flipping lonely, it's killing me lol at least I can laugh about it!!

Back to the top
Ticket sales aren't open yet.

As soon as they are - you'll know because you won't be able to move without a link being in your face!!!  :wink:

Back to the top

Dano said

Ticket sales aren't open yet.

As soon as they are - you'll know because you won't be able to move without a link being in your face!!!  :wink:

Hah lol, jus like it should be then! Matey!

Can't wait to attend our first AGM!

Back to the top
As a member am I entitled to go?

If you can read this, thank a teacher,

If its in English, thank a soldier.

A soldier fights not because he hates whats in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him.

Back to the top

baggie said

As a member am I entitled to go?

Its a commercial event, you don't earn entitlement to go!!! So long as you pay the money, you can go, as I understand it.

Back to the top
OK Paul is it a camping jobby? how do I pay?

If you can read this, thank a teacher,

If its in English, thank a soldier.

A soldier fights not because he hates whats in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him.

Back to the top
Yes it's a camping jobbie.

The links will be out in a while - you won't miss them!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Was just about to ask about the tickets,lol

Back to the top

webbywagon said

Grab a number an get in-line matey, lol

Sounds like when the tickets do come out we're gonna be fighting over them!

We're up for the whole weekend, camping an all that. I'm gonna bring me son too!

Back to the top

Didge said

webbywagon said

Grab a number an get in-line matey, lol

Sounds like when the tickets do come out we're gonna be fighting over them!

We're up for the whole weekend, camping an all that. I'm gonna bring me son too!

no fighting over tickets theres more than enough for everyone ..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.