Skip navigation

'89 Karmann Clipper Interior

Back to the top

Interior Fabric and Door Cards

Hi All,

I'm new to the club and forum so go easy on me :)UK based 1989 Clipper owner - Have had it for 6 years but now needs a bit of TLC.

Car is part way through a light restoration (paint, roof, interior tart-up) in Ireland and somehow one of the door cards has been lost somewhere between my old mans shed and the upholstery shop… Nightmare.

Photo attached  of the interior type. 2 Questions:

1. Is anyone breaking, or has spare door cards available (I need rear RHS, but would also take a full set in good condition)? I have tried all of the other avenues, but no joy…

2. I'm sure this has been asked in the past, but I cant find a thread on the forum - Does anyone have any thoughts on identifying the grey fabric (VW spec label is worn and not easy to read) and where I could pick up a small quanitity of this? I would like to repair the bolsters that are worn through.

Alternatively, I would also consider a whole interior if there was one available in good condition.

Thanks for your help

Stuart

IMG_7229.JPG

Last edit: by StJohnClipper

Back to the top
Everything Cabriolet.  www.cabby-info.com

"HINT" all Cabriolets are Karmann built, that was the factory that invented them.. IE Karmann Ghia.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thanks for your help - I have checked cabby-info before but no answer on the detail I need.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.