Skip navigation

Front lowering spring question

Back to the top
Front shocks, struts and springs are nakered so ive removed them but the springs are lowering ones but im not 100% sure of what size they are lowered from standard so i can get a replacement. Do 80mm or 60mm lowering springs have a rough or standard length that i can use to suss out the drop?

Cheetd

Back to the top
Only if you compared them to another with the same rate, in a car of the same weight. Cabriolets and hatchbacks weighed very different amounts, GTI/non GTI did too, and small/big block/diesel obviously also.

The best way to quantify ride height is measuring from wheel centre to the wheelarch, on a car with the suspension fitted.

There's a ton of aftermarket rubbish out there which wasn't much good when it was new, and is thoroughly worn out now.

Back to the top
After some digging i was basically stuck in a rut as without knowing the brand or size i couldnt replace like for like so i could have it as it was prior to removing. In the end i have gone for the 40mm springs from vw-classic as i had already purchased the struts and shocks from there so at least all of it is compatible.

The ride height should be pretty close to as it was before.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.