Skip navigation

Water leak rear engine block

Back to the top
I've got a leak from one of the disks rear of the engine block, is this an easy fix? If so are they still available.

I've put some sealant on only to slow it down as just filled with waterless coolant and don't want to waste any. Cars not in use so heat not an issue at the moment. 385F31E9-1A0C-43E7-8791-439733A1CF57.jpeg

Back to the top
I've just found a thread on here about core plug replacements so ignore this post 👍🏼

Back to the top
Ok, we call those Freeze Plugs over here.  Puncture it remove it clean it up a bit on the inside and insert new.

Fairly Painless it is just a bit of a bother working upside down on your back to do it, way easier when you have the engine out of the car.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Water leak rear engine block

Top tip. I see you have a painted engine. Paint the new core plug before fitting it. They are only zinc plated which soon disappears and goes a nice rough rusty colour.

Getting the old one out is a pain but I am sure you will manage it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Thank you, I've had engine out fully n now putting fluids in after refit… drip drip drip. Should have swapped in hindsight but hay ho back to the cold concrete floor it is 😂

Back to the top
I was wondering how the Drip was going against Gravity?  :)

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Start again , prise out leaking cup plug , clean and dry area and refit new one using appropriate loc tite sealant , top tip inspect other cup plugs before refilling fuids 👍
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.