Skip navigation

Full Braided Brake Lines

Back to the top
Hello All,

Canvassing opinion before maybe giving it a whirl… cost isn't really too much of a factor as Hel seem to do the custom lines for a reasonableish cost.

So, my gti is getting to the point where I'm plumbing up the brakes, again.

Its on the original servo & front  calipers (rear mk4 calipers), but with new discs, pads and M/C and braided flexy's. To further it I've a set of the pre cut/ formed, oem colour etc, hard lines - they require bending to fit, so I know definite lengths at this point.

So in short everything's there standard plumbing. In the past I got the brakes working pretty well on the standard stuff.. so fairly happy to keep on using it for now.

Question; Has anyone seeing this replaced the hard line with flexy? Baring in mind it would be a high quality line from Hel not doing it my self to a price jobbie

I understand braided/ flexy lines have flex where hard lines inherently wont, but from reading online most I've seen that actually have a full braided car, don't seem to notice a bad peddle or reduced feel….

Cheers

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
I dunno the answer, but I'm tempted to do it too.

Back to the top
From what I've read and seen, peeps that have actually gone and done it,don't tend to have much of an issue…

Maybe what I've read are the exceptions to the rule, as they take the time to document it rather than bury it in the mistakes pile ..

But for the ease of install, and overall look I'm pretty tempted… the bending tool isn't too attractive

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
Did anyone go ahead with this? For the extra few quid on the Hel braided lines it seems worthwhile to me, but then again I'm a bit of an idiot.

Back to the top

Re:

bengti said

Did anyone go ahead with this? For the extra few quid on the Hel braided lines it seems worthwhile to me, but then again I'm a bit of an idiot.
I didn't in the end… I already had the hard pipes so bent them instead.. saved having to sell on the hard kit.

You can read for days about the pros and cons of full braided; I think it comes down to maintenance ultimately and a peddle that's not super hard (I'd not expect the line to burst/fail on its own from them, maybe if DIY you could call safety into question)

I might give it a go in the future…. If the car gets a bare mettle restore. Thinking about it I should've measured the hard lines before I bent them

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.