Skip navigation

Lambda sensor wiring.

Back to the top
After some advice regarding my lambda sensor wiring. My golf is has an abf engine in it. Which I am in the process off fitting itb's to. Now I don't like wiring, so I had a custom loom made by jmr to fit the new ecu, and I had it wired in by an auto electrician. It runs, it's just that the lambda sensor isn't connected due to the (presumably abf ecu compatible) lambda sensor wiring plug being different to that required to connect to the new loom/ecu. The two pictures below show the current plug connector on the lambda sensor wiring, and the new female connection required.

Abf plug connector.

Required plug connection

Will I be able to cut the abf plug off and wire up the required plug? Presumably the one I need uses less wired that the 4 in the abf plug.

This is mainly to avoid the hassle/expense of fitting a new lambda sensor.

Cheers for any help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
you'll need to speak to JMR, to find out which pin does what on the 2 pin plug. then we can advise how to wire the lambda to it :)

if its a 2 pin then id assume its not using the lambda heater, and just going to the signal wires. I would recommend you wire the heater it helps to get the lambda up to temp quicker, easy done just need an ignition live and earth.

worth checking if thats even for the lambda at all, the ecu may not need one :lol:

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.