Skip navigation

BMW 2002 Touring '74 Full restoration project

Back to the top
Yesterday the carpet set for the Touring arrived, I'm impressed with the quality Looks great!

I found this guy (Arnold t auto teppich) http://www.carnold.de/ via an German 02 forum, there were a lot of other people who had purchased a set from him and they all had a great experience with him. He was als the only one that could deliver the coarse bouchlé fabric and the grey side boarding as original. Although sometimes contact was a bit slow via mail, I would buy again.

Where ever is a  hole needed in the carpet is nicily marked out on the underside. Nice touch.

A couple of pictures,

After work this Friday I cleaned up the welds some more of the firewall patch panel I've made previously. I also welded in the inner rocker panel at the rear and started preparing the section where the floor plugwelds on to. We might be able to use the spotwelder to spot the floor to the rocker. Frame rails I'll plug weld

Back to the top
Another update! 

Today I fitted the floor several times again, each time trimming it more and more until it fitted just right.

After getting it tacked in place and plugwelded ot the chassis rail and firewall, I used the spotwelder to spot the flange of the flloor to the inner rocker.

In only 1-2 minutes is was spotwelded. Oh man, do I love this thing!

Completely welded and ground down, turned out great!

There is however a small hole where the metal was too thin to weld to. I'll have to make a small patch panel next time

It's hard to see, but it's at the upper corner, where the pedal box hole and transmission tunnel meet.

And covered in paint.

Underside also looked very good, still need to clean up the welds but that'll be for when the car is on it's side.

Nice and thight against the frame rail.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.