Skip navigation

Audi TT Seats fitted 8J

Back to the top
I finally got these fitted and working in the Mk1, it was tricky to get them to sit low but I got a decent set of runners from Germany and managed to weld plates onto them to get them fitted. The tracks on these run really WIDE I was lucky to get them fitted and moving with only a few mm to spare.

The biggest hassle was the seat belts, I finally managed to get my own belts into the runners but it was a right pain, I had tried to fit the TT belts but they were just to bulky to fit into the 1/4 panels so I had to make the buckles I had fit. IN the end I managed to get them in and Im now working on the rear bench, I might just bolt the seat onto the rear frame and fill in the gaps with  a set of leather bolsters, Im not in any rush to get this done tho, enjoying the comfort of these new seats for now.

20150801_163116.jpg 20150801_163222.jpg

Last edit: by irishbazmk1

1983 Diamond Silver Mk1 GTi - Black Leather Interior - 16V ABF - Cable box - Upgraded Servo/MC and 280mm Disks - Coilovers - 15' Melbers

Back to the top
What year are the seats out of?  Mine are from a mk1 tt and late cabby/sportline belts will fit! 

Back to the top
Mk2 TT 2011 model, got the back bench in now bolted to the original frame, some gaps at the sides need filling but no rush on getting that done.

The current TT Mk3 actually has more "classic" looking seats which would prob suit the Mk1 better  theres not many around at the moment.

1983 Diamond Silver Mk1 GTi - Black Leather Interior - 16V ABF - Cable box - Upgraded Servo/MC and 280mm Disks - Coilovers - 15' Melbers

Back to the top

irishbazmk1 said

Mk2 TT 2011 model, got the back bench in now bolted to the original frame, some gaps at the sides need filling but no rush on getting that done.

The current TT Mk3 actually has more "classic" looking seats which would prob suit the Mk1 better  theres not many around at the moment.

Any pictures or updates on how you installed it all?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.