Skip navigation

Lhasa green gti g60 restoration

Back to the top

Today was the day! Mot passed and finally road legal. Drives really well and pulls like a train.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Well done chap. Bet you're really pleased. She is a beauty.

Back to the top
Well done looks fab...but I have to ask (sorry), which number plates are you going to use from now on?

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Re:

Rich. said

Well done chap. Bet you're really pleased. She is a beauty.
Thanks dude, yeah very pleased. Still a couple of niggly bits to sort but for first time out on the road it was pretty bloody epic!

Back to the top

Re:

Early-1800 said

Well done looks fab…but I have to ask (sorry), which number plates are you going to use from now on?
Haha! I much prefer the look of the black and silver plates as does everyone who has seen it but i also get where you are coming from with the originality side of things. The black plates are still there just underneath atm as i thought mot tester might not like them

Back to the top

Quick update for you. I've been driving it as much as i can although not as much as i would like and its going really well (jeeze it's quick) . I work on jag etypes for a living and like most rebuilds we do there are usually a couple of niggly problems that arise after what we call a few shake down miles and my golf was no different and most of the problems were with components i had not replaced for new. Firstly the alternator started to grumble a bit so a quick strip and rebuild with new bearings sorted that, then the starter motor started to play up, sometimes it would engage and other times it wouldn't so i just replaced for new. The outer cv gaitor on the passenger side came loose as the clip failed and it sprayed grease everywhere which was really annoying so a new clip and thorough clean dealt with that, lastly the exhaust just wasn't up to it, i was being a tight git and used a brand new mild steel system i got with the car when I first bought it and to save a massive outlay on a decent exhaust system i decided to use it but after driving it i couldn't get it to stop blowing and knocking in various places and it was letting the car down, so after a quick browse on ebay someone was advertising a full stainless system with ta technix 4 branch manifold at a reasonable price so i bought it. I finally got round to fitting it today although it wasn't straight forward, i had to drill a hole in the manifold and weld a lambda boss in, i then heatwrapped the manifold as it was very close to the steering rack boot. The rest of the system seemed to fit really well, it was made by a company called flowtech who admittedly I've never heard of but the quality looks amazing the bloke said it cost him 600 quid to have it made for his gti, its slightly bigger bore than original so i was worried it might be a bit lairy but it sounds great and looks great too. Sorry i didn't get many pics I will get some at somepoint!

Back to the top

Haven't posted for a long time but the car is great, drives spot on. I haven't used it as much as I'd like but really want to get out in it more, maybe do a few trips/shows this year. Still haven't got round to having it set up properly yet, it could do with going on a rolling road etc so if someone could reccomend someone who's good with g60 engines that would be great!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

There are too many online users to list.