Skip navigation

Datsun 240z

Back to the top
With the golf on the road and being enjoyed, it was time for another project

So I picked up this last weekend :)

Needs a far bit of work but I have always loved Z cars,

Only the drove it on and off the trailer but it sounds awsome with that 2.6 litre striaght 6 up front

Started the welding this week and ordered up some other bits,

hopefully wont be to long before i get to drive it 

Back to the top
She looks lovely mate. Don't know much about these at all. Got anymore info on her?

Smudger

Back to the top
I dont know that much either :lol: I've been doing a lot of reading,

Its got a 2.6L ( from a 260Z) straight 6 up front with twin SU's with 5 speed box and rear wheel drive, on paper they are 160 bhp stock.

2 seats and a boot, oh and the bonnet lifts up the wrong way to :lol: and they rust quite bad fortunatly this one has been dry stored for the past 9 years which is a good thing

The bloke i brought it off has been tinkering for years so its got some good upgrades on it like 4 pots callipers up front, rear disc conversion, better ratio diff, full janspeed exhuast and bigger master cylinder,

I've got boxes and boxes of spares with it which is good because bits seem pretty hard to come by.

Its a bit of a learning curve but thats all part of it :)

Back to the top
Sounds like a nice rare project mate. Looks like she could be a minter with the right amount of work and of course £££.

Best of luck with it mate.

Back to the top
Mate - fantastic looking car  :thumbs:  - would love one myself and sounds like you have a nice example. Looking forward to seeing your progress on it

Golf GLS 1980

Back to the top
Lovely 240Z. There was one down my road when I grew up, always liked them. There was a nice ratty looking one at Retro Cars, Santa Pod last year. Some pics for your viewing pleasure! :)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Lovely engine bay. I just can't my head round this "rat look" scene. Maybe I am just too old  :$  :$

Back to the top
I agree smudger,

I dont mind a car that has been sat around and then put back on the road as a rolling resto, but cant get why people do rat look on purpose ? I love a bit of patina but faketina No

I have a set of triple webers in my collection of carbs ready for a conversion but just need to find a manifiold, that isnt 400 quid 

Back to the top
Is there an owners club out there you could join similar to this one and put up a thread for items wanted?

Back to the top
yep I joined the other day

I just think the parts are a lot harded to come by then our MK1 golfs,

I will never moan about prices for mk1 bits again  :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Lovely engine bay. I just can't my head round this "rat look" scene. Maybe I am just too old  :$  :$

Know what you mean. Seen some clever stuff done, but for me at has to be clean and polished  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Lovely project, keep the pictures coming  :thumbs:

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
Morning All

Thought i'd pop back and share somr pic's as now the Datsun is on the road,

Still loads to tidy up but been having fun driving it around the past week :)

Back to the top
Looking good buddy. What's next on the list??

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Looking good buddy. What's next on the list??

Sort out the manifold for the tripple webers and fit them, kenlowe fans, heat wrap exhaust, delete middle box..etc etc…

the list is still pretty long  :lol:  

then get the paint sorted last of all

Back to the top
Sounds like the bank balance is going to take a battering in the coming months then mate. Good luck with it :)

Keep the updates coming  :wub:

Back to the top
Datsun looks mint mate i've been watching one on ebay trying to control myself and not bid. Theres something about how they look just love them. Keep the pics comin.

Back to the top

HrcClassic said

Datsun looks mint mate i've been watching one on ebay trying to control myself and not bid. Theres something about how they look just love them. Keep the pics comin.

great car's hard to find a good one that isnt that rottern thou, took me 10 years,

which one on ebay ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360645655408?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

hope its not this one ^^^^

it sold for under way 1500 last week and new owner put it straight up for sale again for more  O_o

Its pretty dam rusty and its a 2+2

Back to the top
Great pictures - its looking stunning  

:wub:

Golf GLS 1980

Back to the top
Amazing car!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.