Preston GTI 1.6 YAT737X

Back to the top

Preston GTI 1.6 YAT737X

as it was on purchase

back from bodyshop

single light grill

out with the old.. in with the new

Back to the top
nice mate. you from preston I take it? who did the body work? what have you had done?

Tony

Back to the top
yeah i'm from fulwood, where abouts you from? HB panelcraft did the bodywork, welded a new piece in along the bottom of the windscreen, and it had some bodge filer/fiberglass repairs done on the bonnet, doors and tailgate. so just a general tidy up really. hope i get it on the road before the sun disappears for a year!.. just waiting on my two years no claims

Back to the top
I live in ashton near Ashton Park.. I will keep an eye out for you

Back to the top
right okay.. so i'm gettin my car ready for fitting my coilys.. using the guide on this site as i'm fairly new to doing anything to cars at all!.. so i dropped the back.. no problems however the beam catches on the exhaust/fuel tank not allowing it to drop as shown below (the tennis rackets are there purely incase it does drop) has anybody found this aswell.. or isit just me?

Back to the top
PNERivage and foxdub,

have you two seen this event thats happening on Sunday?

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81520

A5OPY and I are going to it and it sounds like a good opportunity to get the cars out!! Why not join us and introduce yourselves????  :wink:

Back to the top
It looks as though you should be able to fit them at that - the beam appears low enough.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Cheers Dano, I had seen it..  unfortunately I already have rotavator coming this weekend, I have been working on the garden all week and need to get it sorted..  :banghead: off work next week :D   moving 20ton of soil  :(

Up for an evening meet though?

Cheers
Tony

Back to the top

Back to the top
what was hb panelcraft workmanship and cost like?

Im from Preston and ive got a mk1 gti on a y plate.  It passed its MOT but it got a few advisory points.  Underseal needs looking at.

Back to the top
You guys had better pop down to The Boatyard this Thursday evening (20/5/10) to show these cars off.
It'll be a good time to meet up before Uttoxeter A.G. in July!!

Back to the top
Ribble Pilot 7:30 if you fancy driving to it with a couple of us meeting up, or see you there

Tony

Back to the top
That was my very first MK1 GTI - I nearly bought it back again.....had only had one onwer from new when I bought it

Back to the top
MalC- ahhh cool man! how long ago was this? i'm glad i got to it first  :D

Tony/Dano- i've sorted out my insurance mate just waitin for a new ball joint to come hopefully tomorrow and get a few little jobs it needs doin new gaiter and bearing and hopefully i should be rolling!

Mobsony- HB arent the cheapest mate but there top notch. Theres a good bodyshop off factory lane in penwortham if not.

Back to the top

foxdub said

MalC- ahhh cool man! how long ago was this? i'm glad i got to it first  :D

18 years ago !!!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Its great to see the old girl again , bought her from beverly in 2001 sold her on to a lad from stoke 2008 . Great car . Spent some money on her over the years . Good to see her looking so good . You've done a great job mate . Hope you have many years of happy motoring .
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.