Skip navigation

OOE 926X (aka Wolfy) - 4wd 2.0 16v Turbo

Back to the top

OOE 926X (aka Wolfy) - 4wd 2.0 16v Turbo

Right been meaning to start this for a while, but here goes….

After spending ages making 20vT IHI Golf Rallye, I then did a stupid thing and bought a house and sold it!!!

Now I have had the house a bit, I decided it was time for another project, and was looking at starting one… Then a car that has been round for years but fallen off the scene came up.
Its the ex Mark Eliot, then sold to my best mates brother Darren Jones, the Mars Red Mk1 OOE926X.

Basic Spec:
ABF 2.0 16v engine
Carillo I Section Rods
Mahle Low Compression Pistons (Ceramic Coated)
Compression Ratio 7.9-1
ABF Gas Flowed Head / Raceware Head Studs
Inlet/Exhaust Valves Ceramic Coated
Schrick 276deg Cams (not sure bout the exhaust)
Garrett GT30R Hybrid Turbo, running around 1.55bar approx 400bhp
4x Bosch 440cc injectors (other 4 are blanked on the Cossie inlet manifold)
Running Rallye 4wd system with modified prop/driveshafts
DTA EXP48 Ecu

Since it had been standing the car was reluctant to start/idle and after some fault finding I decided that the wiring was best replaced so went about rewiring the engine/ecu with independant relays/fuses/feeds etc…. After that the car ran a lot better.

After getting it running, I decided to put my mark on it (No pun intended Mr Eliot!)
Here it is at Inters this year after doin some runs, the best of which was a 12.8s quarter, and a 0-60 of 4.11 seconds

Some pictures of the 4wd system

After the wiring was sorted I decided to get the brakes done so went down the Porsche route (996 rears). The car has done away with the servo and bar and runs a pedal box with independant master cylinders. I have tweeked these and fitted a Wilwood rear bias valve and the brakes are a lot better now!!! This caused a major headache of trying to find 15" wheels that would fit over them, but got some compomotives that JUST clear!!
Really wanted to keep the stealth look, and make it look innocent so a set of 16"s were out of the equation!

Next I decided that I would add an Aquamist system and a flow gauge to run a meth injection to help with inlet temp / reduce pre-det.

When I had the car the interior was standard, and I decided to add some electronics (since thats my job as an engineer!)
First off was a boost controller (VDO guages and SPA boost/temp were already there)
Went for a profecb spec2, getting a Forge actuator now to adjust boost between max, down to maybe 1bar as a base boost

I then decided that it was time for some other neat things.
1. The green display above the stereo is a project of mine that uses a PIC micro processor and a servo to control the throttle angle since after market ECUs aint so fond of idling nicely!! It uses a temp sensor off the head to sense the temp and hold the idle higher in steps during warm up i.e. 1400-1300-1200-1100-1000 and eventually 950rpm when its warm. Works a treat and great for not cutting out when cold!!!
2. I fitted an Alpine USB Audio Played for the noisy treks to the track/sprint!
3. I got a panel laser cut with a Rabbit Logo (backlit with a Red LED) for the SatNav.

The next thing was to focus on the interior and I decided to go down the bucket seat and harness route since I wanted a stripped out interior. Corbeau Forza seats and TRS harnesses. Fitted to runners that I custom modified and welded to the floorpan.

After eventually getting the car done and running, I noticed some starvation/hesitation and realised that the custom tank had no lift pump/internal swirl pot. The next job was to fit a Facet Red Top, and a swirl pot, and since then the fueling has been spot on even on low fuel loads (like 2 litres when sprinting at Inters!)

Its still an ongoing project (moneypit too!!)
I am in the process of fitting a VEMS Wideband / EGT gauge and also a Phormula KS-3 Knock detector and plan on tweeking the map, and maybe increasing the boost by another 0.1 bar to get a bit more poke!!

I want to try and get her into the low 12s, high 11s on the quarter and get a sub 4 second 60 time!!!  I guess we will have to wait and see!!!

Back to the top
I……WANT….THIS!!!!  8O

Back to the top
Awesome dude  8)  8) keep the updates coming

G60

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

I……WANT….THIS!!!!  8O

move over tin man….. i want this ….. dont be greedy!! :)  :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top

zambeaky said

Spudfingers said

I……WANT….THIS!!!!  8O

Bugger off… I saw it first… lol  :lol:

Are you bringing this to VW Action a week on Saturday/Sunday?!?!?  :lol:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

zambeaky said

Spudfingers said

I……WANT….THIS!!!!  8O

Bugger off… I saw it first… lol  :lol:

Are you bringing this to VW Action a week on Saturday/Sunday?!?!?  :lol:

well if he is your not gunna get to see it, NO PUGS ALLOWED!! HAHAHA :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top

zambeaky said

It's the missus car… my beat up vectra allows me to have two mk1 gti's so I am allowed on merit tin-man!!!  Besides… I'm hoping to have one running by then :lol:

g60luke…. I'd love to see this go fella.  If you can make it then I'm sure you'll get a load of petrol heads lineing up to see this thing go!!!

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

zambeaky said

It's the missus car… my beat up vectra allows me to have two mk1 gti's so I am allowed on merit tin-man!!!  Besides… I'm hoping to have one running by then :lol:

g60luke…. I'd love to see this go fella.  If you can make it then I'm sure you'll get a load of petrol heads lineing up to see this thing go!!!

HEAR THAT EVERYONE SPUDFINGERS DRIVES A GIRLS CAR!!!! :lol:  :lol:

WOOOOO….GUNS GUNS GUNS!! (film quote…clarence,robocop1)

spud i will not participate in such childish trivia!!!!!

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
I'll show you girls car with my foot down all the way to Santa pod… while your rubber band cabby winds up  :wink: !!

let's get back on topic… g60luke's project and car… let's not hijack his thread  :hand:  :naughty:

Back to the top
Christ on a bike 8O

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

Christ on a bike 8O

where…dam i missed it!!!

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
sorry g6oluke  we have hijacked your post here please except our appologys, me and spudfingers will take our playground antics else where!  :)

nice motor tho ilook forward to seeing the run the quartermile!! :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Great car, remember seeing it back in the mid 90's at some of the shows.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Nice to see the ex-John Jones (RIP) car still being looked after  :D

Banner

Back to the top
look forward to hearing/seeing more about this motor, i remember reading the golf+ write up on it a few years back.

on the subject of syncro mk1's, anyone know the whereabouts of teh qpeng car Ben someone built - Ben Leach was it?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.