Skip navigation

my new project 1982 1.1c

Back to the top

my new project 1982 1.1c

hi heres a few pics of my new project which i bought a couple of weeks ago quite solid only bit of rust on wings and a running problem after last owner broke down after running out of petrol

mk1 gti 1.6,mk4 1.8t ,caddy 1.9sdi

Back to the top

next step

sorted out running probs (well crazy quiffs did new carb) have done new filter plugs dis cap and roter arm oil change and filter fitted some 40mm drop springs and fitted 15inch bbs alloys fited new radio streering wheel and centre console so getting there need to get rust on wings sorted next when cash allows

Back to the top
Are those Yokohama Parada's?

Back to the top
yes mate they are spec-2s

Back to the top
lovely looking car, not seen that colour before, nice drop too, not too smashed, does it drive well?

J

Back to the top
cheers mate didnt want it dropped to low the colours monacoblau la 5d the last but 1 owner really looked after it just need to find a good original condition drivers wing not to keen on patten parts as for for drive its not too bad nothing like my mk4 but fun to drive takes me back to when i was 18 and had one (18yrs ago) and a lot easier to work on then the mk4

Back to the top
Car does look well, looks good on the BBS's too  :D

Back to the top
well only a few jobs done new coil,condenser and points .while investigating the drivers wing found loads of filler and newspaper and bad rust so time to remove the wing
old wing

Back to the top

Back to the top
got the wing sprayed and fitted now and managed to get through mot with no problems just a lower arm ball joint and head lamp alignment so back on the road for 12 months  :lol: decided to change interior so removed all the blue interior and fitted a gti spec one handy now to have 2 mirrors and to be able to adjust from the inside  just need to get a black carpet sorted now to finish it off

Back to the top
couple of pics

Back to the top
that looks cool. really like the colour

Present cars

2010 Transporter Van White. Standard

2001 GT TDI PD Metallic Black. Standard

1971 Early Bay Pastel White. Standard

I Like Standard:-)

Back to the top
cheers mate needs a good t cut really

Back to the top

wing

hi mate looking good ive jus bought exact same car as you colour and all wondered if wing was welded on at all or simple bolt off job i have bit of rust aswel??

cheers

Back to the top
love that colour same as my old one i think  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
looking at it now yours looks a lighter shade 8)

Back to the top
hi mate car colour was monza bleu i think only just sold it about a month ago to fund my mk1 gti project only ever saw one the same colour at stoner park this year yours looks good have you still got it

Back to the top
no mate sold it ages ago it only cost me ?200 made a few quid on that one lol :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.