Skip navigation

My Golf Cabrio 1989

Back to the top
Just Purchase my first Mk1 golf cabriolet so thought id do a diary from the off to keep a record on how things progress.
Its a 1989 silver karmann clipper 1.8. It doesnt need much in the way of mechanics just a tidy up here and there, new wheels and interior.
Its had brand new twin carbs before i purchased and it drives sweet.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Welcome, Sounds ace, plenty of bits for sale on here for the parts you need. Get some pics up for us to have a look at.

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top
Oops too keen, nice looking cabby!

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top

Julesgreycab said

Oops too keen, nice looking cabby!

Cheers pal im over the moon with it, ive wanted one since i was 17 im 36 now :ocf_emoticons__icon_biggrin:  

Back to the top
Nice cabby. Welcome along to the forum mate :)

Back to the top

smudger said

Nice cabby. Welcome along to the forum mate :)

Thanks pal looking forward to speaking to everyone ive got millions of questions.

Back to the top
Just spent 2 hours t cutting and polishing, i dont think its had a wax in a while ive never seen so much tar on a car before

Back to the top

Back to the top
looking clean mate!

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
The front number plate looks odd, should there be a plinth or something for it?  Otherwise, it looks like quite a tidy little thing.  Really like it on those wheels too, they work surprisingly well.

Back to the top
Looks really shiny mate. Nice work :)

Back to the top

Volksangyl said

The front number plate looks odd, should there be a plinth or something for it?  Otherwise, it looks like quite a tidy little thing.  Really like it on those wheels too, they work surprisingly well.

Yeah i have seen surrounds for the number plate on most golf cabs, ill have to keep my eye out for a set, im going to change the wheels but that will probably one of the last things, swapping out the interior tomorrow.

Back to the top
Ive just bought some wheels off fleabay,when i came to put the last one on i noticed that it didnt quite fit, the holes line up its just the diameter of the hole in the middle is larger than the hub of the car. When i looked at the other 3 alloys they have a red plastic part so it fits snug on the hub obviously this is missing. ive contacted the seller and not heard back yet but was wondering if anyone new what the part is called and is it something i can easily get hold of if he doesnt reply. Cheers.

Back to the top
Do you mean spigot rings mate?

Readily available on eBay mate. Just type in what size you need. I assume your wheels are bigger than standard MK1??

Back to the top

smudger said

Do you mean spigot rings mate?

Readily available on eBay mate. Just type in what size you need. I assume your wheels are bigger than standard MK1??

Yeah mate thems um just been googling it sorry not very technical, the wheels are only 15"

Back to the top
Search on eBay for spigot rings I think the ones you want are 57.1mm to whatever size the wheel is :)

Back to the top
Yeah thats the size ordered them last night, cheers mate.

Back to the top
took the parcel shelf out today it was covered with carpet and looks a right mess

Back to the top
So i cut a new one out of ply and covered it with carbon look sheeting, i also did the sides aswell as they had yellow carpet stuck to them.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.