Skip navigation

My Golf 1982 C 130whp 2.0l Daily Driver

Back to the top

My Golf 1982 C 130whp 2.0l Daily Driver

Here's a thread about my little Volkswagen Golf C 1982

First of all, i bought this car from my older brother when i was 17 years old, and it was i quite good condition except for the engine which had to be replaced (The reason being the bearings on the crankshaft were broken).

So it was out with the 1982 70hp 1.5l lump and in with a 1988 75hp 1.6l of a jetta with the infamous pierburg 2e carburetor!

At the same time I installed a newly imported Adjustable Coil-Over kit (35-75mm) from Germany which is stiff and tight :)

Like so many others before me, i never got the engine going as it should with the pierburg carb… I needed a replacement and considered taking a carb from a Ford Sierra (Pinto in the UK i think) and modify the intake manifold on the 1.6l to fit it.

I never got the Ford carb on my engine but instead i bought myself two nice Weber 40DCOE carbs and a dual DCOE manifold and a Big Valve cylinder head from Velox Motor, Norway.

As I am a student, i have a very tight budget and drove for a good while with a stock 1.6l with a big valve head and two weber carbs and i must say, the car was very drivable with that setup, but it was obviously not a screamer!

Since then a lot has happened on the engine side and this is the updated specs:

Cylinder Head: Big valve 40x33mm w. Race spec double valvesprings Velox Motor, Norway
Camshaft Pulley: Adjustable +/- 8mm from Velox Motor, Norway
Camshaft: 288*11.8mm lift from Velox Motor, Norway
Engine Block: 2E 2.0l
Fuel Supply: 2x Weber DCOE's matched with a Facet electric fuel pump through a Redline fuel pressure regulator
Exhaust: Rally/Race equally matched and flow tested 4-1 header from Velox Motor, Norway coupled up with a Simons sports exhaust
Flywheel: 2E MK3 GTi 5.2kg
Clutch: 2E MK3 GTi
Gearbox: 4 Spd Golf mk1

The car also has a medium cost, big soundsystem consisting of:

Reciever: Sony (Mid class)
Amp #1: Blaupunkt 20 ampere 2x80w amplifier for the front set
Amp #2: Blaupunkt 80 ampere 1x400w amplifier for the subwoofer
Front Speakers: 2x 5"5 + 2x 1" Component set from Sony
Subwoofer: 1x 15" Blaupunkt VW1500 in sealed enclosure

Comments are greatly appreciated! :D

Ill post some pictures of it as soon as i can!

BTW. I'm Norwegian so excuse my English :)

My current car: 1982 Volkswagen Golf

Back to the top
Here is the only good picture i have of the car at the moment :) It was taken this spring just before all the snow melted :)

BTW. Those are REAL british made Revolution Modern Line rims and not Schmidt ML's

My current car: 1982 Volkswagen Golf

Back to the top
Very Nice!

Well done for fueling Twin Webers on a student budget

Welcome!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.