Skip navigation

My GLS Mars Red 1978

Back to the top

My GLS Mars Red 1978

And here is my GLS 78,

Engine: 1457cc JB
Transmission: 4 speed
First registration: May 12, 1978 (my birthday)
Color: Mars Red
Distance traveled to purchase: 99'016km
Changes before you buy: Bumpers original GTi

I found this car on a classifieds site on the internet in late November 2010. I even went to the December 11 first time, then I returned the 16 for pay and take him home.
Then I found a steering wheel "Momo" wooden, adjustable dampers and so far, BBS RM Golf mk2 G60 for the wheels.

The strips on the doors GTi is an idea copied from the GLS to 77 proposed by the Swiss importer.
I also make a muffler from an artisanal manufacturer close to home. This summer, I'll put my 15-inch Pirelli P9.

12/11/2010

12/16/2010

Vaudoise Insurance

Maximum bonus 1980

Small gift from the former owner. He had received Amag for 20 years of golf in Switzerland.

01/14/2011
Pic's in Geneva city

ATS Cup 7*15 ET 25

Borbet Type T 8*14

BBS RM 6.5*15 ET33 convertible with a friend on Lake Geneva

GTi logo is just there to talk to the purists on the forum. I handed the recess on the car GLS

You saw my 2 current cars

www.type17.ch

Back to the top
Very nice again…What a difference a set of wheels and suspension makes.I like both the original and modified look………Can you still find many Mk1's in Switzerland?…Beautiful setting for the pictures also…Keep them coming..  :D

Back to the top
Thank you
To find MK1 in Switzerland today is still not too difficult. The most painful is to find reasonably priced, especially on GTi before 1981.
Now that the mk1 are sought, and everyone wants GTi, few people think to buy something else like the GL or GLS. The low demand and supply relatively high.  :mrgreen:

www.type17.ch

Back to the top
Very nice. And the night time pictures look ace! Great work.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top

Senyuki said

Thank you
To find MK1 in Switzerland today is still not too difficult. The most painful is to find reasonably priced, especially on GTi before 1981.
Now that the mk1 are sought, and everyone wants GTi, few people think to buy something else like the GL or GLS. The low demand and supply relatively high.  :mrgreen:

Cool…Are most of them in good condition? Thought because of the type of weather you have there would not be many around .

Back to the top
The problem in Switzerland is in winter. The mountainous regions are often covered with salt, so mk1 2nd hands are often rusted. I live downstairs, very little snow, and I have a very good chance of finding some rusty cars  :mrgreen:

www.type17.ch

Back to the top
hI sENYUKI,

Can u tell me sizes for wheels that u wear on the BBS's?? 195/50/15? Thanks

Back to the top
Good year eagle F1 in 195/45/15
Next tires -> 185/45/15

www.type17.ch

Back to the top
you have an eye for clean early mk1's,

Back to the top
Looks very nice & loving the pics.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Is this the 2nd one you have …. can you suggest
 the site where to find MK1's for sale
Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.