Skip navigation

my 1983 1500 gx

Back to the top

my 1983 1500 gx

Been after this car for about 6 months and now its mine.Picked it up on sunday in the snow hasnt been on the road since 2006 .Its rock solid and very original.Its now stored until my camper is done then i will check the brakes and get it started as it has a flat battery.

Thats it for now

Back to the top
That looks very tidy, not even any surface rust showing on the body.

Just out of interest it looks like a GX model not a GLS. :wink:

I've got a GX myself and love it. It's only a 1500 but it goes well, it hasn't troubled me too much even though I give it some stick. That and the cheaper rate tax is great.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
it does say GX on the wheel and prety sure its only 2 letters (GX) on the back of the thing.

5 doors for the win anyway! keep us posted with how you get on.

Back to the top
Sorry my mistake it is a gx

Back to the top
Looks very tidy!  :D

Back to the top
Looks tidy, you going to keep it standard and just refurb some areas i.e wheels or is it going to have a makeover?

Back to the top
yay another 5dr..love it..

I got 3 of them, 2 GL and 1 CL

whats your plans then?

Back to the top
damn these gx's are coming out of the wood work these day. we must be upto 20 of them at least now.

looks good. to me.
it's had a new rear bumper and looks to have a new tailgate so it might have been in a knock at some stage.

Back to the top

Lawsy said

yay another 5dr..love it..

I got 3 of them, 2 GL and 1 CL

whats your plans then?

Five doors seem to be the new three doors, seem to be loads around at the moment like novocaine said.

Back to the top
Hi
Plans are just to use it got to many aircooled vws that only come out in the summer.As for the back bumper i noticed the lack of trim when i looked at it but couldnt find any damage to the rear of the car all original inside including the stickers and the boot floor is mint.How can you tell its had a boot lid
Cheers for the comments guys

Back to the top
i'm going to scratch that boot lid comment mate i've looked at the pics again.
maybe the bumper was the only damage. or has the bumper been painted?

Back to the top
both my cl and Gl had numpty previous owners that painted teh bumpers, the latest adition tho still has an original one!!!

Woohoo!!

5drs' defo the way forward….

Back to the top
Been over to look at the car today see what needs doing.Bumper has been replaced so i need to get a gx one rear panel original with its stickers on the inside spare wheel well rock solid clutch cable not pulled through the bolk head as its like new.Needs discs and pads and possably calipers but the rest is like new just needs a really good clean and using
But the wife says leave it alone until the van is done might give it a look friday :lol:

Back to the top
where you located mate. always willing to look at a GX

Back to the top
im in suffolk

Back to the top
It runs
Got it started this morning runs good will need a service but souned ok now ive got to leave it alone get the camper done :?

Back to the top
Ok its been a long while car has been stored nice and dry and its now in my workshop ready for some work.Got it up on four ramps so i can have a look underneath.All very solid sills spot on rear beam mounts very good floorpans solid.Will need rear archs in the future as they are starting to go at the very bottom.Going to replace the brakes all round including pipes and hoses then a belt and tensioner and a full service then mot .Will keep you posted.Any other things i need to check let me know car has been off road since 06
Cheers guys

Back to the top
Ok all the front running gear is striped off and now blasted and painted gloss black looks very nice im replacing the cv boots discs pads wheel bearings brake pipes and pebuilding the calipers
Pics later

Back to the top
Pics as promised

More later

Back to the top
Ok its been ages but i can say shes now on the road and im loving it not totally finished but my t25 head gasket went and i needed a car on the road so all running gear underneath done and moted will use it for 3 monyhs then off the road again for a full engine detail and get her a little closer to the ground .So hear are some pics of the build.Front all done

Then a look at the back so this is how it looked before

All blasted painted and rebuilt with all new brakes bushs and hoses

Ready to go

At the mot looks tiny

On its first trip to work well happy

More later
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.