Skip navigation

My 1982 Mk1

Back to the top

My 1982 Mk1

she is bein worked on as i speak, she has a 1.1L engine in her because she is my 1st car, engine bay nice a clean now compared to what i used to be like, no pickers of that im afrade, she has mk3 polo seats, vw alloys and the door has been played around with

Back to the top
hello,welcome to the club,good colour gambia red  :wink:

Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
cheers, been here about 2 weeks but just got the pict's, it dosnt have a rpm counter on it :| help

Back to the top
we have called her 'The Squib'  :D

Back to the top
lookin good how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking

Back to the top
?560, but insurance is goin to be ?1,000 all the normal places r high like that

Back to the top
not a bad price there

Back to the top
for car or insurance?

Back to the top
car not sure on the insurance sounds quite cheap tho

Back to the top
my uncle told me to ask around here, see if any of you guys know cheep places

Back to the top
i cant help you there all i wud say is compare the market or direct line im only 15 what your plans for the car ?

Back to the top
keeping it and kiting the engine and the interior, bbs alloys and the mk1 trim, i want to keep it as old school and natural mk1 looking as i can, i dont like them with the wide boddy kits and spoilers on the back and that

Back to the top

niall-217 said

keeping it and kiting the engine and the interior, bbs alloys and the mk1 trim, i want to keep it as old school and natural mk1 looking as i can, i dont like them with the wide boddy kits and spoilers on the back and that

sounds good i am the same love them oldskool and low

Back to the top
after a while a few years i might change the engine to a busa or v6 and put a 5 or 6 speed gearbox in her and make it rear wheel drive

Back to the top

niall-217 said

after a while a few years i might change the engine to a busa or v6 and put a 5 or 6 speed gearbox in her and make it rear wheel drive

good so you planning on this beening your car for years to come

Back to the top
totally and i would like to get my hands on the mk2 as well as a restoration project

Back to the top
mk2 are nice aswell

Back to the top
o yes, my uncle has one, i want the dash and all that, mine is flimsy lol

Back to the top
try footman james for insurance.  i used all the compare websites and phoned around ten other companies i found in performance vw etc and my best quote was around 600 but footman james have insured me fully comp even though my car is lowered, bbs wheels valued at 1000 and my car's a mk1 gti for under 300.

Back to the top
waw i will try them out
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.