Skip navigation

My 1981 mk1 golf westy

Back to the top

My 1981 mk1 golf westy

Hey guys, i wanted to make a tread of the build of my car… here are some latest pics as i still need to upload the pictures of the build. Enjoy :)

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

By kimi19 at 2011-07-27

1981 Mk1 Golf L, Westy Front End

Back to the top
Looking good :-)

Whats your plans for it?

Back to the top
Cheers mate... im only 18 atm so im going to keep the orignally engine in it for now... but later on down the line im looking to do a g40 conversion :)

Back to the top
one word mate....... sweeeeettt!

Back to the top
Looks very nice Kiran & hope to see it next month ;)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
i like it :)

Back to the top
olds_kool_lews & Swallowtail_uk - Glad you like it, iv seen some neative response towards westys where people prefer the round lights…

James - Was actully meaning to come to the last meet but the Mk1s still not ready it need brakes sorted out, some other small things and then the Mot… when i post the whole build pictures, youl see how much of a B*TCH this car has been to me and iv been planning to come down to your meets for quite a few months now! lol

Back to the top
i like it mate! westys always will look good

ive got a westy grille hopefully being bought over for me for edition 38, but no lights, is it true you can use metro lights? or is there another car you have to
take them from? cheers

Back to the top

timabf said

ive got a westy grille hopefully being bought over for me for edition 38, but no lights, is it true you can use metro lights? or is there another car you have to
take them from? cheers

Bedford Rascal headlights :wink:

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

timabf said

take them from? cheers

Bedford Rascal headlights :wink:

cheers mate  :lol:

Back to the top
Even if you use those headlights youl need the buckets, which are quite hard to get hold of but some do pop up here and there... unless you try fabricate your own ones!

Back to the top
Westy's are cool so why the haters????  Looking good mate you can be rest assured there aint many like yours around  :wink: .  Nice mate keep this thread going and thank you for being a paid member and supporting the club after so few posts… we need people like you to help the club grow.  Nice one  :wink:

Back to the top
looking good mate, really like the engine bay :)

Back to the top
never knew the westmoreland fitted straight on?? always thought it was jetta front ends that people put on.. looks cool, nice to have something a little different  :D

Back to the top

Kimi said

Even if you use those headlights youl need the buckets, which are quite hard to get hold of but some do pop up here and there… unless you try fabricate your own ones!

im getting everything but the headlights :) the buckets and everything are coming over, if anyone else is seriously interested i might be able sort something.

Back to the top
Thats class, how difficult is it to fit??

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
Love the westy!  Glad to see it is getting some love over there.

Back to the top
I see quite a few people are doing westy conversions... maybe by next years AMG there could be a whole group of us!

Back to the top
Westy's rock! They must be like hens teeth over here? They truley need the "rare" ebay title

Back to the top
nice to see the car on here kiran,i still want that westy front end so much :lol:

mwalker
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.