Skip navigation

My 1500c Golf on 16"rs

Back to the top

My 1500c Golf on 16"rs

Hello, just want to show you guys my mk1..
It's an 1983 C with a 1500engine and an auto trans, unrestored and pretty much rust free.. My driver door got some rust issues at the lower part, do to somebody braking into the car when the pre owner had it. But I've got a good door in the garage in white, but it's been rubbed down so I put it on if a paint the car, really do want to rub the whole thing and remove all panels and do everything propper, so it will never rust again for the next 10yr.. But I see how the project develops :D  

Here is one of the first pictures I took of the car, before it was in my ownage.

And here is the first pictures, have installed the smoked markers, and also the CL lip.

Interior is pretty decent, with only 52k km on the clocks.

Some on got links to shops to buy new rubber for the auto brake and accelerate pedal??

Plans witht he interior is to make some nice floor mats in OG design, and I have removed the rear bench, so a seat delete in MDF with matching fabric like the carpet, and a really good clean of eveything is up next.
I also have bought some small speakers and I'm going to hide under the seats, so I can have some sound when driving, going to a amp and then up to my Iphone.. Also thinking about making a ninendo DIY controller for the I phone so I change songs and volume and still being retro.

Wheels are 16"rs in porsche pdc.. Also have a set of 15"rs..

The plan is to polish the stock lips intil I have finance to buy lips and make a hella flush of a stance..
have started with a rough sand on the 4 lips, and are up to 400grit now, going to 2000, have them finished by springtime..
Have polished the hexnuts aswell, but I've bought some new ones cause I like to go black hex insted with black bolts to keep the cost down.

also to have e theme with the wheels I will paint them interior color, but not as blue as photo.

I've also recently added mirror delete on both sides, sorry for crappy phone photo.

Here is a quick thing i did in MS paint to show the car with mods.

Also thinking about gti arches but still haven't found any that sells.

The bumpers and the smal flare thing is blacked with some shoe dye and it has been working well, but I think I try to paint them this spring.
I have GTI faring on their way, and black sticker to go between the tail lights, and also bought some old school white taillights to paint red tansparent, for the all red look..

Here is a really quick one on an other car, just to see how I'd like to do the colors.

I got it running fine just a few weeks ago, after some running problems, and I'm looking forward to drive the car this spring.

-Spring plans are a c notch for the axles, have more thread left on my KW v2 so it's going lower
-Make a reinforced sump
-Do the wheels
-Make blue GTI decals
-Sort the interior
-Buy a grill trim
-Remove the orange side marker
-And some more sorting of the out side.

And if anyone got GTI arches, Grill trim, Armour door plates, Rear handle without lock, Duckbill 2pc place give me a PM.

Pictures: Don't mind the 15" front wheels.

Also have cross hair lights, non of the early pictures have them so I post this.

Thanks for looking and plase comment.
Frank RT

4pc flares, 2pc duckbill and grilltrim wanted!

Back to the top
Looks good mate, I would personally keep the side stripes black but thats just personal preference, I can see what you are angling at with the GT3 RS Look :D It must be the 5x130 wheels :D

Back to the top
Got my a pillar farings today :)

Back to the top
I like it mate. the blue is a bit bright but that might be due to doing it in MS Paint. Go for it though as I'm a fan of being different.

T

Back to the top
I think the blue makes the centers look to small. I like them in silver. I almost bought some 16 inch rs for my mk1 but then thought i wont be able to lower it enuf. but yours looks nice.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
I think the blue makes the centers look to small. I like them in silver. I almost bought some 16 inch rs for my mk1 but then thought i wont be able to lower it enuf. but yours looks nice.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Yeah I was doing it in Paint so to color didn't come out as I would, It's going to be as close as possible to my doorcards..

I love 16" rs and we got some really bad roads here, so I think it's my ideal setup :)

Bought some stickers form volkswagenstickers.co.uk today, great site!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.