Skip navigation

MK1 GTI CABRIOLET 1988 'E'reg

Back to the top

MK1 GTI CABRIOLET 1988 'E'reg

Hi all ive just bought recently a Mk1 Cabriolet , its pretty tidy but not tidy enough.

Its the model with the small bumpers and i was wondering - would you all fit the big clipper kit or keep it standard??????

If big bumpers what will i need - and if standard has anyone any photos of what i should go for.

Its white and some previous owner has sprayed bumpers(crap job) and the wheel arches (even worse job)

Thanks all for your time!! :roll:

Back to the top

bumpers

hi mate ive kept mine on small bumpers as they look so much better i went to a no rice meet last month and there were probaly 25 cabs and i was the only one with small bumpers

Back to the top
hi there thanks for that have you any photos of a good cab with small bumpers??   

:lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top
NICE!!!!!!!!!!  Looks good what mods have you done to it and whats the S? under indicators on the front wings. Is that an induction kit??

Im getting mine resprayed totally in January i think i will keep it small bumpers!! It looks more retro doesnt it?

Thanks again Very helpful!!

Back to the top
You may also be able to help me on this on! On the dizzy there is a pipe maybe vacuum do you know where its suppose to go to as its just hanging loose and has been since i got it!

Thanks again

Back to the top
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ben.lomas1@btinternet.com/album?.dir=44ef&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

hjis is whats going in it at the moment 150bhp 20vt lump should be able to map it to 200bhp easy once its running the s is a rabbit badge i have a rabbit badge on the boot and both front wings makes it look cool

im doing the conversion myself will be doing them in the new year for ?3000 if your interested the reason its so cheap is that theres to many people getting ripped of

Back to the top

pipe

the vacumm pipe should go into either the back of the throttle body or the front of the inlet manifold there should be 2 pipes on the front of the inlet just trying to remember exactly where it goes got mental black to many shandys :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
My mk1 is my little toy, my daily drive is a 1.8T 20v absolutely fantastic car!

:mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.