Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf 1982

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf 1982

Hi hows things, just signed up last week! thought I'd throw up a few pictures of my new toy…

Bought it off a fella who was selling it for a old man who was a volkswagen mechanic, the old man who is now in his 70's was going to restore it,
but due to old age he felt he could not do it so decided to sell it.

This is where I came in, went with my mate to collect it at night which was the first time I had seen it in the flesh and brought it home on a trailer,
the car is a basic model a golfc 1.1L, everything on it is 100% origional and untouched, which is a rarety here in Irleland plus came with 90,000 genuine miles.

Had been lying in a shed for 8 years, so put new spark plugs in a new battery, some oil and a bit of juice and she fired up straight away!

Im only 20 so going to restore it to it's former glory and hopefully learn a bit along they way.

Anyway enough blabbering, here's some pics:

Back to the top
its always nice to hear abit of history about the car and past owners are you doing a full resto or just tidying it up ?

Back to the top
yeah I like the story too, adds more charachter to it

Plans are to strip it down, eliminate any bits of rust and a full respray in the origional colour and replace anything that needs replacing, and re-build the engine, want to keep it as origional as I can.

Back to the top
Welcome to the club mate.

Thats a nice car you got there.

Back to the top
Hey… well done fella… a nice little find you got there

I saw this for sale on vag drivers and wondered what a nice little project!!

Best of luck…  :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome to the club, its good to see another golf getting restored to go back on the road.

I am only 20 and bought my first mk1 golf this year as well.
I was originally going to get a 1.1/1.3 but i ended up getting a 1.5 GX.

Keep us updated with the progress of it.

Back to the top
Welcome. Looks like a good project. What does it need? Doesnt look like theres any serious rot on the outside..

Back to the top
Looks a nice little car and good to hear you plan to maintain its originality. I hope you show the old guy once it's done.

DubPartz

Back to the top
Looks cool man. Will be good to see her put back to her orignality

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Thanks for all the comments, itching to get started on it but college exams come first!
shell is solid sills are rust free and the spare wheel well is solid aswell,
few scab patches and small bit of rust under the window sill and back arches but nothing serious.

here's a pic of my previous mk2 driver 1.6 sorry I ever sold it :cry:

and some of the current bus, and no neither of them was/is funded by mun and dad, hard work does pay off, haha

Cheers
Joey
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.